Where is Shirl?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 16, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have not seen her in some time?

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have not seen her in some time?

Jaci
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Got bit by a BAD spider and her hand and arm swelled up so bad she couldn't use it. (it went numb and still is.) She also had a bad fever and was REALLY sick. She's still recuperating. I think she is reading, but still can't type.

Marilyn :)
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

being offered to you, Shirl.....we miss your words of wisdom.......be well, my friend. We love and miss you.
    Kady
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I hope it wasn't a brown recluse. These spiders are one of the bad things about life in hot, humid climates. We are all pulling for you.
    Hugs, Klutzo
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Go to the Chit Chat Forum for more info. It was not a local spider but one from asia which hitched a ride on a plant she bought. BTW, you are in no more danger of being bit by a brown recluse spider in hot and humid areas than most other areas of the country. This is a myth because evidently these spiders came to the U.S. down here, but now, they are in most parts of the U.S.

Love, Mikie
  7. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

that is one of my many traumas in my life, I am one of those lucky ones that get all the weird stuff, had one about 15 yrs ago, have the big ole scar still to prove it, it was very traumatic, and to top it off when you are dealing with that, everyone has a war story of someone who dies from a spider bite.

Good luck Shirl, hope you recover soon, it is not fun I know.

Jaci
  8. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I was worried about you Shirl because of the hurricanes that came your way. And now, to hear about the spider bite. Ouch!!!! Sure hope you are feeling better. We all miss you.
    Tania
  9. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

well on the road to recovery. We have missed you and your words of kindness and wisdom. We will be waiting to hear from you and hope that you don't push yourself. Take care of you our friend, Kim and Gary
  10. woodyd

woodyd New Member

shirl--so sorry to read about your recent crisis. i'm rooting for you and hope you're back here soon. did you bite the spider back??
    woodyd
  11. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I always read your posts and I miss them very much! Hope you are well on your way to recovery.

I was bitten just above the ankle by A spider..did not see it..think I got bit in the garden weeding. My question is..do you think this can cause a really bad flare? It sure is weird that I went down with one of the biggest flares I have had right after that thing. I still have a bite site and a streak..its purple and under the skin. just curious.
  12. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

We are all thinking of you and wishing you well!
  13. granmama

granmama New Member

Dear Shirl,
    My heart goes out to you and I hope you are feeling better soon!
    I remember when my aunt got bit by a black widow, her leg turned black and she had great difficulty walking. She lived on a farm and we always kept an eye out for tranulas, never thought about black widows. This one had gotten into the house.

Hope your symptoms improve quickly.
    take care,
    granmama

[ advertisement ]