Where to get a tens?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tinaeve, Apr 5, 2003.

  1. tinaeve

    tinaeve New Member

    I would love to try a tens unit.Does anyone know where I can get one? And how expensive is it?I am willing to try just about anything to relieve some of ths shoulder pain as so far the darvocet or ultram that my doc gives me don't even touch it. thanks,tinaeve
  2. Harmony

    Harmony New Member

    Hi tinaeve....If you want your health insurance to cover it, ask your Dr. if he will prescribe one. Then find out from your insurance company who is covered by them. You can also look in the phone book under Medical Supplies/TENS.
    I found a good place that sells the electrodes that I need to replace each month or so from the phone book. I don't remember how much the unit was as it was several years ago and the insurance paid for it. The electrodes cost me $7 for 4 that lasts me a month because you can reuse them.

  3. kar1953

    kar1953 New Member

    I just got a tens unit a couple of months ago. The pain between my shoulder blades was so severe I could hardly stand it. The unit is a Godsend. My doc. wrote a Rx for a unit for a month trial & the PT dept. at my local hospital gave it to me & explained how to use it. I still haven't heard from my ins. co. about what it will cost me. I hope they will buy it for me but even if they don't whatever I have to pay will be well worth the money. I don't use it as often as I did the first month but on those days you need it, it's nice to know it's there.

    Good luck on getting one........Kathi