Where to get a whole body heating pad?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. kar1953

    kar1953 New Member

    I sure could use one! First off, where would I find one? & secondly, how expensive are they?

    Yesterday my husband & I went to a huge flea market & produce market. I had been wanting to go but knew it would be too much walking & too tiring. Well, I just decided I would go & damn the consequences! So we did! Today I really could use that whole body heating pad. Ache everywhere, but I must say it was so nice to go do something we both love doing. I just took pain med before we got there & was in minimal pain most of the day until last evening. Then today it's just the achiness & fatigue.

    Would appreciate any info anyone has.

    Take care......Kathi
  2. NanceZ

    NanceZ New Member

    I have a heated mattress pad and LOVE how it eases out my tensiona nd aches all night long. I know Dr Weil and probably others say not to use any kind of electricity so near your body but for now i need this.

    I've seen them for sale in some catalogs and I think at Saear's. This may not be wha tyouw ere asking about but it could be an alternative :)
  3. Suzan

    Suzan New Member

    Sells the heated mattress pads. I have one of the black massager pads that fits in the back of a chair, I LOVE that thing, and I know that they make a full length one. I think that the Brand name is HomeMedics.
  4. chknmama

    chknmama New Member

    I got mine at Walmart.I love it.
  5. Mrs. B

    Mrs. B New Member

    my husband got me a massager mat that lies on top of the bed, couch or floor and also heats up. It was about $150.00 at Kmart or Wal-Mart. I have also seen them at JC Penny for about $200.00.

  6. Shirl

    Shirl New Member

    The full body heating pad is called; 'a mattress pad'.

    They are the best for the pain and stiffness. Sear's, Penny's and Wal-Mart sell them. They range in prices from $40.00 to $75.00 depending on the size (twin, full, queen, king), and the store you buy them from.

    I love mine and it is worth it weight in gold to me.

    I also have the 'Homedics' BUT you can't sleep on them, I have a full body that is heat/massager and one for the computer chair that fits the back of the chair, with heat/massager also.

    I put the mattress heating pad under my sheet, and on top of my Cuddle Ewe. You can't do that with the Homedics.

    If your husband does not like the added heat, buy a single bed size, cut the skirt off and just put it on your side of the bed. If its under the sheet it will not move.

    They also have 10 settings on it. Mine is from Penny's and is a Sunbeam, but any of them will do. Also, some come with Dual controls.

    Hope this helps.
    Shalom, Shirl
  7. kar1953

    kar1953 New Member

    for the info. I plan to look into it. I hope to go shopping sometime next week - if the old body says I can!

    Take care.....Kathi
  8. MtnDews

    MtnDews New Member

    You can also go to a medical supply place and look into getting a heating pad like they use in the hospitals. It pumps water through the pad and you can set the temparture of the water. A rheumatologist might perscrib one. I got mine second hand, but the pad itself is new (and they come in all sizes). The good thing is that the electricity is away from your body, The bad thing is that the cat has been known to attack it.
  9. kar1953

    kar1953 New Member

    Lucky for me I don't have a cat in the house!! Thanks for the info. I think I need to check all the places mentioned before choosing.

    Take care.....Kathi