Where to purchase Epsom salts.Help!!!!!!!!.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, Oct 10, 2005.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

I am in the UK, can't for the life of me find a web site to purchase these salts.
    I got some from Boots pharmacy here a while ago and it was such a small box i used in in 2 baths.
    Any help most appreciated.
    Julie. X
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

so maybe little help. they are available here in the grocery stores, discount department stores like WalMart, etc. in a quart size. The only problem i have is they are often in the soap isles, so that they are strongly scented like all the soaps in the isle, and i am sensitive to the smells. best wishes. Jen
  3. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

....but I always get mine from our discount retail stores. I don't know if you have them there, but they are usually called things like "Dollar General", "The Dollar Store", "Dollar Tree", "Family Dollar".

Hope this helps. Good luck on your search.

Jen
  4. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

EPSOM SALTS / SALT GOOD FOR MUSCLES & IMPROVES MASSAGE
    EFFECTIVE RELIEF FROM BACK & MUSCLE ACHES AND PAINS.

£20.00

http://search.ebay.co.uk/epsom-salt_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1

(I found this on ebay in U.K., don't know if it is a good price or not).

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I looked at two conversion charts. Couldn't figure them out. LOL

I read a year or two ago that a pound was worth about $1.50 so for twenty pounds one ought to get a really BIG box!

(Maybe Heloise or Martha Stewart can tell you how to make your own at home.)
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

order them for you but in 500gramme bags. I have ordered two so that's a kilo, quite a bit I think.

Go to their pharmacy bit and ask them to order it. Its not expensive.

love
    Rosie
  7. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

ship to the UK???
  8. GwenGlo

GwenGlo New Member

I live in Canada and we have bulk food stores where you fill your bags with whatever item you need. The price is muuuuch less than when packaged by manufacturer.
    Gwen
  9. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I am in Canada, and I buy my epsom salts in a huge bag approx 40 lbs, at our local feed mill. This is where you can get feed and medications, things like that for farm animals. It is the industrial grade called magnesium sulfate. It costs me about $25.00. It lasts me quite along time. Maybe you have a place like that in the UK where you live?
    Blessings,
    Raz
  10. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

But I tried 'Himalayan Rock Salt' from the health food store. Mined in the Himalyans, has minerals in it. It looks like hunks of pink rose quartz. I found it more relaxing.
  11. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Thankyou all for replying re-epsom salts.
    As i live in the UK i will give Tesco's a ring later Rosie. I do on on-line shopping with them too.
    Thanks again to everyone else.
    Juliex
  12. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I went in today and they still didnt have my order - they are reordering for me so hopefully they can get it.

They did have the small tubs 100grammes but these prove too expensive like you said.

I remember getting it from Tescos a few years back and they havent said they CAN'T get it, so here's hoping.

Julie just checked ebay and google, you can buy 25kgs for £35 - that works out at £1.40 a kg - probably cheaper in the long run if you use a lot. I'm going to try it first and if it helps I'll get the 25kg.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2005]