Where's Elisa?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by praise, Jul 6, 2008.

1. praise

praise New Member

I'm concerned for Elisa. She last posted July 3 evening.
    She was having a terrible time with breathing and wrote a distressing post under "What do you continue living for"
    by Clsung. She lives alone.
    Anyone know anything?
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

I responded to another thread and here it is - hope that is okay - still pretty weak...

Hi All,

I am doing better - breathing wise. I am so sorry for any worry...but it was the closest call I have ever had.

You guys are so wonderful and I am so grateful. More than I will ever be able to express - God knows from my prayers how important all of you are to me.

I have had worsening symptoms for some time and that trend has been worrisome to me. The breathing problems when they happen are very very bad and I have no tools to help me breath. I do have a pulse ox and oxygen. I have been to a zillion pulmonologists.

I don't want to be a worry ever to any of you because you all have been so great to me and offer kindness and support that I have never known...

Thank you so much for caring for me...I have been taking it slow and pretty scared most of the time and have been trying to talk myself through my "what ifs."

There is no question I feel more physically threatened than I have ever in my life.

My parents try hard - but they have many problems of their own and it is so hard for each of us to survive...

I think not being able to solve any one problem has been very bad for me - the fever, the very rapid heartrate, the severe weakness, and of course the pain and most aweful the scary breathing/ shortness of breath.

I do take St John's Wort about 450 mg a day - but no antidepressants - just never could tolerate them - plus bp is so so low.

God Bless You All for your Caring - I will sleep better tonight knowing that I have a family here that thinks of me and looks out for me.

If I had any doubts that I was alone - they are gone now - you are so wonderful I could cry - I can't imagine ever feeling more gratful - honestly your caring has made the most important difference in my life. God really does know what is needed and He has given me all your messages to help me through this...you all mean the world to me.

3. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Praise,

I read your whole bio and I felt so amazed by your strength and wisdom - I have even read some of your other posts and they helped me too...

I am so grateful that you are here and your kindness has helped me so much!

Thank you Praise and I hope, when you are able, that you post here often, my friend!

I would like to have fellowship with you too!!!!

God Bless,

P.S. Just in case you haven't seen it - There is a worship board here too that I really like too.

Also I really feel God called on you to help me - thank you so much.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/07/2008]
  4. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Jeerie,

I am so so sorry I didn't want to worry you or anyone here - but I am so grateful for your kindness and caring...

Thank you for your giving heart and spirit.

God Bless You,

5. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Really worried about you. Glad you are okay.

Have you considered acyclovir for the fever issues - it has really helped me tremendously. I get mine at Walmart for $4 per prescription and I use 5 prescriptions a month (the $4 is for 200 mg per day and I take 1000mg per day).
    And acyclovir is old and not experimental so less side effects.

Just a thought.
  6. sunscaper

sunscaper New Member

Dear Elisa,

I am so glad that you are still, here...been thinking about you, since I saw these messages on the board...

I have been feeling like hopeless, too, as I have all the problems you listed, except for the fever..when did that develop? could it have been after having been hospitalized, when you had heart problems from that reaction to the Rich's protocol?

I talked to you a long time, ago..have not been on the board for a good while.

I have read quite a bit on the cardiac problems... My Tachycardia has gone on for many years, which has gone untreated, which I have read, especially in women, will weaken the heart, and will contribute to Diastoylic Dysfunction. Diastoylic Heart Failure is most common in women. I don't have ANY STAMINA..All my chest symptoms get much worse with, almost, any activity.

I believe that the breathing problems are related to that..although, I thought my breathing might be better at a lower altitude (I am at 8600 altitude) but you live in Ohio, so that does not compute..

I feel like I am being smothered, like I have had the breath knocked out of me/ and can't get enough air ..does that connect at all? They have put me on Oxygen (have hypoxia), too, although as you say it does not seem to help, much! I would think that it may be due to the Oxygen Toxicity Theory of Dr. Cheney. I feel like I am slowly dying, at times.

Anyway, please know that there are many people, here, who care very much about your health.