where's Pippi

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lynncats, Nov 20, 2009.

1. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Hi all, I've been coming on this board more and more, love playing the new games someone got going on here. But I haven't seen Pippi on here in a while. Have I just missed her somehow, is she OK?

2. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome home!

Yeah, I was AWOL for quite awhile there.
    But it's so GREAT to be back!!! :D

I was too sick to post (or do much of anything) for several weeks.
    Back in December, I nearly "bought the farm"!

But now I'm healing! Actually healing & not merely managing symptoms (which weren't actually being managed at all, really).

In December, in addition to my original illness, I was DX'ed with Celiac Disease.
    Since early January, I've been completely gluten-free, & I'm getting stronger & having less pain & the truly dangerous symptoms are going away.
    It will take time to heal completely, of course, but I'm well on my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing LOTS of research on Celiac, & discovering that gluten hides under many false names, & is in everything from soup to lipstick!

It feels SOOOOOOOOOOO great to be up & outta that wheelchair!!!!!!

I'm still wobbly & using a walker, but as soon as I regain my strength & balance, I'll be walking w/o any assistance! YAY!!!!!!

I feel like I'm coming outta some kinda nightmare, but I AM coming out of it!!!

It's great to be "home" here on the boards!!!

3. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Glad to hear it!