Where's TwoCat??

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I've missed seeing her on here, so went to some of the other boards. Is she on vacation? Let's hope that's all it is. Praying that she is well!
    How is everyone here? I already know how Sassy is feeling. :) That's really great.
    I am going to buy myself another canary tomorrow. I haven't had one in the house for a while, and I miss that song. I have had many over the years, but when we moved about a year and a half ago, I had lost one..but haven't gotten another one. This one is white with a lot of orange throughout it's body. I'm excited. I love birds, dogs, cats...animals, mountains, valleys, blue skys, cloudy skies...people. :) You get the picture. I am so thankful for the many beautiful blessings in our lives.
    Hope all is well, love, Cynthia
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I have been having a disagreement with my computer and it's either the cable company or the battery backup or the electric strip. It just shuts the cable right off and the computer with it. I was trying so hard to get on the computer and it kept doing it. Maybe they were working in the area. So yesterday I got on and seemed okay and today seems better too.

Shelby the cat went to the disabled group meeting in my electric scooter basket and our speaker was a disabled person from the government. The man pulled his wheelchair next to Shelby in the basket and fell in love with Shelby and just petted her and loved her the entire meeting, even during his presentation. I don't know if it is her long fur, her blue eyes or that she truly seems interested in what people say to her, but she gets so many admirers. For the first time in two years, a stuffy and snotty man from the building staff said Shelby couldn't be there and I whipped out her Service Animal I.D. card and the nasty man went away. The regular man on the staff we see who stops in each meeting knows Shelby, but what a nasty man the other guy was telling me Shelby couldn't be there--he didn't even first ask if she was a service animal with I.D.--especially since it was the "disabled support group."
  3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

If your Shelby has blue eyes, she must be...a light color in the fur? I love blue eyes in a cat. Usually the siamese, or burmese colors have that blue eye. Stunning!
    Had you not seen this mean man before? New? Well now, now, he knows. Maybe he'll get over it. That's interesting that he wouldn't think of Shelby being a service cat, not only because of where you were, but because of how the others were reacting to her..like they knew her. Hmm, he's a little stinker, that's for sure. Let's pray that his attitude changes for the best, especially because of where he's working, and for who he's working!
    Glad your computer is working better. I heard that others were having problems with just this site.
    Well, I go get my bird tonight. I've gotten a spot ready for him. Then, I wait for that song. I hope he won't be too stressed and take a few days to calm down before he sings. He's a white with orange peach color...so pretty, or should say, handsome.
    Tiggy, I think that TwoCat put something about her kittys' somewhere else. Maybe she will remember which one it was, I think it was to a response to you. It's quite interesting. I'm glad she is sharing the fact that cats can be a service animal just as dogs are. Of course, they do different things. Whatever works for the disabled. :) Thanks for being happy for me with my new upcoming..soon to be pet friend. Not all folks like birds. I still think I have a special place for canaries in my heart because of my grandmother...just like clocks. :)
    Love ya, Cynthia
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Tiggy, you asked me before about my cats being like doctors and I did a post explaining they weren't actually doctors and I joked about them being doctors and them being service animals and I answered in great length about what they do. Maybe you will remember that now as I don't want to be answering the same question all the time. Here is the post http://www.prohealth.com/blog/boardDetail.cfm?id=48762&setBoard=Worship#49116
    [This Message was Edited on 02/25/2009]
  5. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

The snotty little man that said my Shelby the cat shouldn't be at the disabled group meeting, well it was the very first time I ever saw him. He wasn't a friendly person and seeing how well Shelby behaved in my scooter basket was a strong clue she was a service animal and he only needed to ask--not tell me she shouldn't be there. The man settled down when I nicely gave him Shelby's Service Animal I.D. The man didn't become kind, he just continued on in his brisk official way. Maybe the next time Shelby and I see him, he will be more sociable and more kind--after all, the man is working in a senior center and usually all staff are very outgoing, very kind and very personable.

I'm glad you are getting a bird. Sometimes I open the front door and have the screen door in and listen to the birds sing like an opera out there. Then they run back and forth about a foot in front of my screen door almost as to be performing the opera. The cats stretch out on the quilt I put in front of the screen door and watch them not sure what to make of them. All I have to say is "Are the birdies out there?" and the cats look at the front door. The birds are wonderful. My neighbor hates the birds (and seems to hate all animals) and I wonder what happened that she has so much hate when the birds sing such beautiful songs.

Good luck with your new bird
  6. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Aww, that's a cute picture you painted of the birds and your cats. That's interesting that you can talk with your cats like that and they understand. That's how my dogs are when my son is gone and I ask, where is Austin? My little guy jumps up on the chair and looks out the big window...my other gal is large, she just stands there and looks at the door. :) Pretty cute how they pick up on words isn't it? We don't give animals enough credit for being smart. We had a guinea pig years ago, that would squeal if you opened the fridge and rattled plastic bags...lettuce..:)) Then, a fish that would go crazy if you opened the top freezer part, becaue he knew that's where his "frozen fish" food was. I think critters are smart, or they wouldn't still be here.
    My bird just acted like, whatever, this is my new place. I'm kidding you not, he was in his new cage here only 45 mins..and started to sing! And that was just before 7:00 at night. I left the light on so he could adjust, and boy did he. As a matter of fact, he is singing right now. :) You always worry if you are getting a good song bird when you get a canary, but this guy is great. He's happy and healthy. My dogs didn't know what to think of him at first, but got used to him, as they have my son'g Cockatiel downstairs in his room. I have happy sounds around me. :) Like I said, brings back memories of my grandmother. I loved her so much.
    Hey, the next time you go in, and if, you see that man again, you'll have to come back on and let us know how he is doing. Hmm, maybe he won't be there again, because of his attitude. I'm with you--at times wondering how people can be so unappreciative of the beauty around us. It's here for the enjoying. I much prefer seeing the good around me than the bad. There's enough bad going on, but there is still plenty to be thankful for.
    Give those beautiful kittys some pets for me. :)
    Oh, I think Tiggy asked about a name..I'm thinking Maucho, because he thinks he's all that. :)
    He is. :p
    Love, Cynthia