Whey protein vs Glutathione vs L-Glutamine - I'm confused

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aryiella, Mar 3, 2003.

1. aryiella

aryiella New Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me sort out the difference between whey protein vs glutathione by itself vs l-glutamine supplements. I don't really want to get the whey protein because knowing me, I won't want to be mixing it up every day. I'm just better w/pills. Can you get glutathione in a pill by itself? Would it be as effective? What's the difference between that and l-glutamine?

Thanks!
    Holly
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can't really answer this question, but I hope someone here can. I take the ImmunePlex whey because Dr. Cheney recommends it and thinks so highly of it for building up the immune system.

I love the vanilla taste and mix it with all kinds of stuff. Not a problem.

Love, Mikie
  3. aryiella

aryiella New Member

Actually, I thought of something else if anyone knows this too....the product Transfer Factor....does this have a similar mechanism of action as the whey/glutathione? Any input as to what may work better? Since I'm on a budget (aren't we all!) and have already spent mucho dinero on supplements, I'm trying to put my money where it will do me most good. I plan to get olive leaf extract, but am debating the whey/glutathione/l-glutamine/transfer factor stuff!

Thanks again,
    Holly
  4. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Mikie: i take anohter brand of whey when i can tolerate my probelm is working it in due to bedridden time and i do got to get up and eat and some days i can only juice i'm so sick

so to the point i thought they whey proteins had to be taken in between meals, 30 min before or l.5 to 2 hrs. after

your answer seems that you taken it with food?

God bless PM
  5. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Mikie: i take anohter brand of whey when i can tolerate my probelm is working it in due to bedridden time and i do got to get up and eat and some days i can only juice i'm so sick

so to the point i thought they whey proteins had to be taken in between meals, 30 min before or l.5 to 2 hrs. after

your answer seems that you taken it with food?

God bless PM
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Mine just says it can be mixed with milk, fruit juice, etc. It's vanilla flavored. I've mixed it with cottage cheese and added a little sweetner and some cinnamon and it kinda tastes like a pudding. If mixed with fruit juice, it tastes like a smoothie. I've added a little sweetener and some unsweetened cocoa to milk and whey and it tastes like a chocolate drink. I usually have it between meals.

Love, Mikie
  7. aryiella

aryiella New Member

Hoping someone else might have some feedback on this topic!

Thanks,
    Holly