Whey protein?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Jan 2, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I want to try whey protein so I went out to wal-mart to see if they had some. I was expecting something in pill form in the normal size bottle. What I found was in a huge bottle called six star body fuel advanced whey protein. Is this the right stuff? I did not see anything that said "undenatured" so I am worried I bought the wrong thing.
  2. Musica

Musica New Member

I'm glad you asked! I was looking for whey for the Shake, totalling not knowing what form it comes in. I found the same protein drink thing, with a scoop to measure it by. I'm wondering what I am really looking for.
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I have never found the plain old undenatured cheap whey that Stormy talks about.

I buy Jarrow brand vanilla flavored whey protein. Yes, it is in a big 2 pound plastic jug. I have found it costs $18-20 at Whole Foods or Wild Oats. I use 1/2 scoop in my shake.

When I first started making the shake, I used a whole scoop, and I found the shake to be pretty grainy. 1/2 scoop works just fine. Using 1/2 scoop per day, 1 2-pound bottle lasts two months.

Katy
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

to your health food store, and you can get it there. It is plain, with no added flavors or anything else. A container or small bag/box should easily be under $5.00. Mine doesn't say undenatured either, but I live in Canada so that might be why. Don't use more than the recipe calls for because you are adding alot of extra calories you don't need. I is in loose form, no capsules or anything.
    Raz
  5. Musica

Musica New Member

I don't know if that answers Danz's question, but now I have two options for the shake. Thanks!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is cheap whey protein which is a good source of protein. Then, there is undenatured whey like the ImmunPlex sold here. It is much more carefully processed and it provides glutathine in the body which is very beneficial. It is more expensive but is used for a different reason.

You can read more about it by going to the Store here. This is what Dr. Cheney recommends.

Love, Mikie
  7. damz68

damz68 New Member

I have done some reading and have learned the way whey works. It increases glutathione in the body, denatured or not. It repairs muscle damage.

One big problem I have is it has 40 mg of cholesterol per serving. How do you take this and keep your cholesterol in check?
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is a difference in wheys. There is a lot of info on the whey sold here in the Store. Below is some info on how the ImmunPlex is processed to get the most glutathione benefits.

Love, Mikie

Engineered for Safety and Quality
    ImmunPlexâ„¢ utilizes an exclusive low-heat pasteurization process to guarantee a purified and quality undenatured whey protein. This is important because any heat or change in pH can denature and alter the proteins making them less effective in producing glutathione. Our advanced processing ensures you receive only pure whey protein isolate for maximized glutathione production.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator