Which brand DHEA & how much?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BraidieBunch, Jun 15, 2003.

1. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

Ok, Klutzo, Jell, PinkQuartz...doseage on DHEA? Brands? I know that they are sold at the IS store but didn't know which one...Feeling better with Sam- Famvir , Dox and major vitamins...but I am now ready for this step. Thanks!!!
    Love, Peace and Chicken Grease!!BraidieBunch
  2. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

I'm not any of those people, but my Dr. prescribed DHEA for me, based on my test results. For me, it is to take two 25 mg. capusles a day. I use the Natrol brand. I would think the dosage would depend on your DHEA level....

Eve
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My blood DHEA is too high, but my DHEA-S level is too low and that's the one that counts in this case, so having a saliva test every so often while on DHEA is a good idea. My doc prefers pregnenolone for raising DHEA, but it also raises estrogen if it's too low, so I have several bottles of it here that I can't use (higher estrogen gives me migraines). For those who can tolerate it, I think pregnenolone is the way to go, esp. for women, since it is the first hormone in the adrenal cascade, and your body can use it to make whatever other ones it needs, including DHEA. I used the Source Naturals brand of Pregnenolone, and the dosage is 10 mgs., twice weekly.
    Klutzo