Which comes first Fibro or Neck Pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kwsmom, Jun 20, 2006.

1. kwsmom

kwsmom New Member

It seems as though most people with Fibro have really bad neck pain. I have Fibro and 5 bulging disc in my neck. But instead of the chicken or the egg, is it the fibro or the neck? Just curious. KWSMOM
  2. fairyborn

fairyborn New Member

I do not have the answer. But I myself DDD in neck and through the spine. I ofter wonder is it fibro or the disks and nerves that causing the pain.
    Light and pain free day,
    Kass
  3. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

From what my doc told me fibro is in you from the time your born, but when it will surface is a mystery. In my case he said that the car accident I had which caused three impinged nerves also triggered the fibro. In many cases of fibro, both according to my doc and the books I've read, fibro is first experienced after a traumatic event. This does not mean the traumatic event caused the fibro but they kinda went hand in hand. I know in my case fibro is hereditary. My mother has it. I'm still very much learning myself.
  4. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

There seem to be a subset of people who had no FM until they had some neck injury. In my case the neck injury went undiscovered for most of my life.

I believe that for some of us, spinal damage triggered off the whole FM problem (just my opinion).