Which do you get most relief from jacuzzi or hot tub

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Jan 5, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

If you have a hot tub, others usually want to use it.So if someone has a ring worm on their skin I don't want them in my hot tub. Soooooo I was thinkung zacuzzi until someone said the jets are not as strong as hot tub jets.What about price comparison?I got to get something that will give me some relief for my back pain.....atiledsner
  2. moaningjoan

moaningjoan New Member

If you are going to spend money on one or the other, I'd recommend taking your bath tub out and having a jacuzzi tub put in. You can enjoy it in the privacy of your own home and not have to share with anyone (except hubby if you want). I have one with very powerful jets. It rally relaxes the muscles before bedtime!!!!
  3. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

4. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I have to agree with Joan. We have a beautiful hot tub here in central jersey and I dont use it in the winter. Our privacy isnt so great when the leaves are off the trees and the blast of cold air before and after the hot water is not fun!!
  5. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

However, have you used one before? I have a problem with either one. It's fine if I only stay in for 10 minutes or so. After that, my neuropathy acts up and I start tingling all over. That is due to the temperature of the water. Also, sometimes the jets can be too strong and actually make you feel like you're being punched.
  6. bigmh

bigmh New Member

I had a hot tub for many years and LOVED it...I was in in 2-3 times/day sometimes, winter too. However, my daughter and hot tub buddy is now in college and not home. It isn't as fun without a friend, and my bathtub works just fine. It doesn't have jets, but the warm water is the source of muscle relaxing for me. As someone mentioned, it is a lot warmer to get in the bathtub in the winter!

You also don't have the maintenance of a hot tub. It's not a lot, but just one more thing for you if you don't have help.

Good luck to you! Hopefully you have a friend with a hot tub to try and see if it is worth it for you. B