Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lgp, Mar 2, 2011.

  1. lgp

    lgp Well-Known Member

    I have had ongoing shoulder pain for some time in my right shouder; not the blade, the actual top and upper rear shoulder. I do have carpal tunnel in my right hand, so I am suspect of a nerve condition or something along those lines. I also do know that shoulder pain is very common for fibro sufferers.

    My husband says, see the chirpopractor, as does my friend. If I see the regualr internist, I am afraid she will just prescribe pain killers, when I want to squash the source of the pain altogether if possible. So should I see the internist, the chiropractor, osteo/sports injury docs, the neurologist, or the rheumatologist that diagnosed my fibro? I do like all the docs, have good relationships with all of them, but I don't want to waste time and money with the wrong doctor? Which one is the way to go?

  2. 3gs

    3gs New Member

    Is it the joint where arm and shoulder meet? It could be thoriac outlet.

    mine was diagnosed be a chiro,but I reccommed going to ortho. They told me it was the worst case they had ever seen. I actually loose my pulse when arm is raised up above head.

    It is a nerve being caught. does your arm go numb too? carpal tunnel can cause all kinds of problems too.

  3. hermitlady

    hermitlady Member

    I've had problems w both shoulders: very painful tendonitis, bursitis, joint impingement. Went thru phys therapy, anti-inflammatories, cortisone injections, and then finally outpatient arthroscopic surgery.

    I saw an Orthopedic Surgeon both times, same guy 20 yrs apart. He fixed me, and the surgery was well worth it. The first time I suffered for several yrs before I gave in and had surgery. The second time, I knew better and didn't wait as long.

    I still have to be careful not to overuse my shoulders w repetitive motions, but they're almost good as new for the most part.

[ advertisement ]