Which doctor should I see?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jan 17, 2007.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I'm currently researching doctors around my area, however, I'm willing to travel. I live in Pennsylvania, and I checked out the good doctor list on co-cure. There were some close by to me, but I decided to expand my search. I found Dr. Enlander in New York and Dr. Natelson in New Jersey. Any suggestions on who I should go to for my CFIDS?

I've been virtually symptom-free since August or so. The only real problem was the fatigue, but that was at a manageable level. My worst problem prior to August had ALWAYS been my low-grade fevers and flu-like symptoms. So, it's been nice to get a break from that. Well, last wednesday I woke up horrible backache. Soon enough, I realized I was running another low-grade fever, but it was higher than I used to get in the past...it was 100.5. I thought maybe I was coming down with a virus, however, I had absolutely no other symptoms. No sore throat, no cough or cold symptoms, no earache, no UTI symptoms (even though the ER doc said I had a UTI), NOTHING.

As quickly as the fever and backache came on, they were gone. By 8pm that night, my temp was down to 99.3. Still felt pretty bad from the pain, but the morphine they gave me in the ER seemed to help. I woke up the next day with no more pain and no fever. Then, yesterday, I woke up with swollen glands in the back of my neck, which were painful to touch. They are no longer painful, but are still a bit swollen. Soooo, I'm still going to give it a couple more weeks and see how this plays out. Maybe it's a virus of some sort, but I'm also concerned it could be a flare. If it's a flare, I want to get in to see a doctor who specializes in CFIDS. My current family doctor and infectious disease doc are nice, but they are clueless as to how to handle me.

I graduate nursing school in May, and I want to make sure that I'm at my optimal health before beginning this career.

Hugs to all,
    Kim
  2. waxdiva

waxdiva New Member

Where do you live in PA?

You might want to email Betsy: kindness@fibrobetsy.com to assist you in finding a doctor. She keeps a list of doctors that have been recommended to her by patients. Maybe she can help you.

Wax