Which FFC to go to?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toronto133, Nov 11, 2005.

1. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

Even though I dread seeing any more doctors this year...after reading many of the posts of this board, I have decided to go to the FFC.

Does anyone have any advice on which FFC I should go to? Is their approach very consistent from location to location? Because I have to fly there anyway, location is not that important.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Denise
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Since you are closer to the Detroit FFC why not give them a try?

I flew to Denver in June and they uncovered many problems and are treating me with thyroid, supplements, antibiotics, sleep med, dyflucan, hormones, starting antiviral on Monday and also just found out my cortisol levels are way out of whack. So will begin treating adrenal also. That's quite a list as we are treating everything at once.

I've been on the antibiotics since July 25 and starting to see improvements. I'm being treated for slightly positive Igenex Lymes. My neurological symptoms seem to be lifting.

Wish they had these clinics in Canada. Donna at the Denver FFC told me yesterday that many at the Detroit FFC are showing up with lymes.

I'm sure it will take me a year to see real improvements.

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 11/11/2005]
  3. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

What's an FFC?

I'm assuming it is a medical facility with different treatment and research standards but can someone explain this more. Thanks!
  4. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I'm in Los Angeles, and all together on my first visit, including the blood that I had to have taken separately because it had to be taken when I had not eaten or taken my thyroid pill, they drew, I think, 38 vials of blood.

I'm not sure what else they could test for. :)

Whichever one you go to, Toronto, it seems like you might be happiest choosing one that is close to home so that you can get there easily when you need to.
  5. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Pro Health has several articles written by Dr. Holtorf who started the FFCs, which are also known as the Hormone and Longevity Centers. They specialize in treating fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.

All of the centers pretty much follow the same diagnosis and healing protocol, and they converse with each other regularly to see what is working and the different effects of the various treatments on their patients. It's probably one of the most progressive places for fibro/chronic fatigue patients to go for health care.

Bebe
  6. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Thanks for the info. I found their website and they have some great info on there. I'll check it out more when I get home from work.
  7. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

Thanks to everybody for your thoughts. I find myself paralyzed with indecision because of all the fruitless running around to doctors and dead-ends that I have experienced this year.

Cindycor....how did your doctor in Canada react to your treatment plan? I have a new GP and would like to get her onside so that she can sign any prescriptions so that I can get them in Canada....but my impression is that the FFC protocols seem very far out to your average physician here.

Denise
  8. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

We just moved to Alberta 1-1/2 yrs. ago and don't have a family doctor. Go to local medical clinic. They were of no help.

I'm dealing with a local on-line U.S. pharmacy and my U.S. prescriptions are approved by a canadian doctor on staff. The pharmacy is only a 5 minute drive for me so I'm lucky.

It can all be done. Just a little more leg work. I've got it down to a fine art now!!

Cindy
  9. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

I go to the FFC in Cleveland and am seen by Dr. Juguilon. I don't know much about any other FFC, but I can tell you that Dr. Juguilon generally follows the protocol but is very good at adapting the protocol to an individual's needs. She prefers a natural approach and will mix natural with pharmaceutical to get the best and fastest approach for each patient.

I also know that if you have a complex case or have been ill for a long time, she is the one that the 1-800 number would refer a person to.

She is a wonderful physician and person. If you read my prior posts, you will find that I was fine one day and felt like I had lost my life the next day. It took me 5 months to find Dr. Juguilon. I have been treated by her for 11 months and owe my life to her. I can do everything I did before I became ill. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

Many Blessings,

Wishingonastar