Which Igenex test to order - help please

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by maps1, Feb 20, 2009.

1. maps1

maps1 Member

I am in Canada and have just received my kit from igenex but i am unsure of what tests to order and was hoping you could advise me.

This has been on my mind for so long and i know there can be co-infections so i don't want to order a test that does not give me the full information, which will leave me still in doubt.

I have also received the test kit from the U.S. for mycoplasma pneaumonia (sp) using the pcr method. I tested positive for this several years ago and the tests done here come back inconclusive or negative but they are not using pcr.

I have been sick since 2003 and am now 63 and my life is dissapearing fast, the last year has been continues illness and i have reached the point of an all or nothing approach.

Stopped all physciatric meds and have been seeing a naturapath and now i need to know if i have any of these infections in my body but i don't want to make a mistake in the ordering of the tests.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

regards
    maps
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi maps,

If you would like to do the coinfection testing at the same time as your lyme testing then you could order #188 Lyme western blot IgM and #189 Lyme Western blot IgG, and the Complete Co-Infection Panel #5090.

If however, you want to wait and see what your western blot shows first, before paying for the co-infection testing, then just order #188 and #189.

Then I just thought of this.......some tests are specific to regions where you live. you should probably call Igenex and make sure you order the right co-infection tests for the area(s) that you have lived. You don't want to pay for a panel and find out it didn't really apply to you.

I live in PA and my Dr ordered #5090.

They are really helpful when I call or email them, so in your case I would definitely contact them first for clarification.

good luck and let us know what your results show.