Which is the best juicer?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vafmschick, Apr 15, 2007.

1. vafmschick

vafmschick New Member

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what the best juicers are? I am looking for one that does veggies AND wheatgrass. I am afraid of using one made of plastic because it seems toxic. Anyone have any thoughts on the best material a juicer should be made of?

Thanks for your advice!
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

3. vafmschick

vafmschick New Member

We could really use your advice! I have heard some of them are really terrible and given how expensive they are we do not want to purchase one of those. Thank you in advance for your ithoughts. :)
  4. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

I love our Omega 8003. I got it on ebay for $210 total including shipping. Chose this as it is recommended by Rich Carson.

good luck,
  5. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I've had many juicers, from very expensive to cheap. Right now I have the Omega and a Champion. Each has their strong points, but if I were buying a new one these days I would get the Jack La Lanne juicer because you don't have to cut the fruits/vegetables into pieces. The cutting blades and centriful action are very similar to the Omega. I think it's about $100 plus shipping.

Jan
    [This Message was Edited on 04/17/2007]
  6. DirkP

DirkP New Member

there's different opinions, but from moderate price increasing, the Sampson, Omega (8003?), Greenstar GS-1/2/3000 models (i think all the same base but with diff accessories), the Hippocrates (Greenpower, i think, from the designer of the Greenstar), and there's some even more expensive

a consideration for some/many is clean-up ease after use

if you google juicers you'll find sites that sell and have reviews, etc. not sure how much you want to spend? hth
  7. vafmschick

vafmschick New Member

I am prepared to spend money to get a good one. I have heard that clean up can be tricky with some of them. I know that if it is complicated I probably will not use it much.
  8. vickiw

vickiw Member

I've been using my Jack LaLanne juicer every day since November. It's great, but doesn't juice leafy vegetables well at all (it does cabbage OK, because that's harder, but forget about spinch, chard, etc). From the research I've done, I think different types of juicers are needed for solid veggies and leafy veges. Wheatgrass needs yet another type. (not my first hand experience, just read about this on various web pages)

I haven't been concerned that my juicer is made of plastic, because the vege's barely touch it passing through and of course the blade is metal. I pour the juice and drink it immediately.

I'm thinking about getting a 3 hp blender now, which can blend the veges into juice. This way, I can put any type of vege in it - a plus because we get more spinach and swiss chard from our garden than we can eat. Also, I'll get more phytochemcials and fiber from the veges.
  9. Elisa

Elisa Member

I did alot of research on types of juicers...

I think you will need two juicers... one for carrots etc and one for leafy greens.

I have a Breville - all stainless steel - really powerful - but noisy. It is best for carrots, apples etc. I got it at William Sonoma - but Amazon carries them too.

For leafy greens - like lettuce, wheatgrass, kale, spinach etc. stainless steel manual wheatgrass juicer - would work best.

And if you are into citrus fruits you will need ANOTHER type - a citrus press type juicer.

Anyway, hope this helps...it IS worth it though!!!!

Elisabeth
    [This Message was Edited on 04/17/2007]
  10. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

Amazon has a lot of juicers and they have a lot of reviews that I found helpful.
  11. DirkP

DirkP New Member

just wanted to add there are many juice forums on the net - models/brands + recipes