Which marker shows current infection?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Jan 24, 2007.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

IGG or IGM?
    tnx
    Delia
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

"Antibody testing
    There are two types of CMV antibodies found in the blood: IgM and IgG. IgM antibodies are the first to be produced by the body in response to a CMV infection. They are present in most individuals within a week or two after the initial exposure. IgM antibody production rises for a short time period and then tapers off. Eventually, after several months, the level of CMV IgM antibody usually falls below detectible levels. Sometimes, additional IgM is produced when latent CMV is reactivated. IgG antibodies are produced by the body several weeks after the initial CMV infection to provide long-term protection. Levels of IgG rise during the active infection, then stabilize as the CMV infection resolves and the virus becomes inactive. Once a person has been exposed to CMV, they will have some measurable amount of CMV IgG antibody in their blood for the rest of their life. CMV IgG antibody testing can be used, along with IgM testing, to help confirm the presence of a recent or previous CMV infection."
    http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/cmv/test.html

Oh, and I was thinking about the gluthionine theory of virus or metals. It could be a vicious cycle. I'm chelating but also taking TF, OLE and Tumeric too. So I'm covered no matter whose right.
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I think IGG is what docs say is a marker for previous infection. That's what I was tryinjg to figure out.

Metals: I don;t know what is the most safe and effective way of getting these out.

someone on CFSFMexperimental recently said that DMSA depletes glutathione.. there was no source for this.

Also, did u see Spacee's post on this board about de Meirleir saying he prefers more gentle chelation methods?

Either way. Good luck. I am using Metal Magnet, and planning on doing a hair metal test per Andy Cutler.

It's all such a pain in the ASS! Can't wait til it's over. It's breaking me financially as well.

Best
    Delia