Which "scooter" do you like the best?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Sep 15, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Guess it's time I have access to an indoor scooter. Would appreciate hearing if you have one, and which one do you like the best.

Thanks & LIGHT***********carole
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I have an old Amigo scooter that I use, but mostly for outdoor trips. One problem with the cheaper scooters is that the little motors have to work awfully hard on thick carpet. If you have wood floors or thinner carpet, it's probably not a problem.

There have been a couple of posts recently with information about different scooters.

You might ask Sues1 if she uses her new scooter inside.

Power chairs are incredibly expensive, but work better inside. Have you talked to your doctor about seeing if your insurance will cover it?

Kholmes
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

And we have no rugs, but I want a "small", toddler like one, as we've rented one that's way too big & difficult to get around in.

Thanks for any brand names...............carole
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I bumped up the "Scooter questions" post for you. There are other threads on scooters too, which might give you more information.

Kholmes
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I recently saw a commercial on TV for what I thought they called the "Hover Round". It was a motorized wheelchair which had rounded corners at the bottom which they said would allow access into smaller places. I wish I had watched the commercial rather than just listen to it so I could have seen the spelling of the name!

I think I would prefer the motorized wheelchair to the scooter--if by scooter, you are talking about one that has handlebars or hand grips on it. Check out the difference on the internet!

Hugs,
    Janet