Which sleep RX's give "DEEP" Sleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Feb 6, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Anyone know how we can get this information.

Tired of being tired!!

Thanks..............carole
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

At least for me it did. Absolutely, positively had deep sleep with this one. $$$$$
  3. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I take 2 25 mg before bed. Its supposed to give you a deeper sleep. sometimes it works great and of course some nights, nothing works. good luck

Suzette
  4. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

over 3 years...it kept my days and night in the right order but I still struggled with the fatigue.

eventually the Ambien stopped working and my doctor switched me to lunesta...that was the best sleep I have had in years...after 6 months on lunesta I weaned myself off of it and have been sleeping pretty good every since...(8 months now since I stopped the lunesta)

everyone is different so hopefully your doctor will let you try a couple different things....remember to give it several months before you say absoultely that it is not going to work for you. CFS and FM did not pop into your life overnight and a week of a sleep medicine will not make you feel like your old self again!

5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I bought a natural product called Valsed. name doesn't matter really, there are many similar products on the market that contain valerian root, passion flower and magnesium. Works nicely, no side effects either, and no begging a doc for a friggin rx.

Jeanne
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I wake up rested. I have ambien,but only for nights when the pain would keep me awake.Ambien is a hypnotic.It makes you think that you slept the whole night through when you haven't. It's just that you don't remember.LInda
  7. jvrealty

jvrealty New Member

Hi
    I have taken elavil for 1 1/2 years and since i want to clear my body of the toxins from medications, i just began taking melatonin 3mg and it works great. i wish i had tried it before. i feel so rested when i wake up, not drowsy like the elavil made me. plus, melatonin cost a lot less than prescription drugs and you get more of them. if 3mg does not work for you, try 3 1/2 until you get the right dosage.

its worth a try.

hope this helps......

jv