Which tests show non specific chronic infections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kooky, Nov 6, 2006.

1. kooky

kooky New Member

Does anybody know which tests (not for specific infections) can an Immunologist perform to show immunological dysfunction?

I have an appointment with an Immunologist next week and would like to request specific tests that show there is chronic infections. ESR, WBC, etc... are not reliable and none specific.

I have been some research and so was told that T & B Lymphocytes might show dysfunction, but I believe that surely, there are several tests when that could show chronic active infections.

Many thanks
    Kooky

2. victoria

victoria New Member

It's interesting how someone really sick can come up on the 'regular' blood tests showing 'normal', as you said.

My son was dx'd with chronic Lyme according to CDC standards twice, 6 months apart, so there's no question about the diagnosis;

yet all his 'regular' blood tests came up 'normal' despite his having lost weight, having abnormally low BP and pulse, and pain/neuralgias...

so, bumping up!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

a lab called Immunosciences in Beverly Hills, CA, appears to have come up with a panel of tests which show that CFS patients are dealing with a heavy viral load.

Often conventional blood tests show no current infection, but these tests appear to get around that problem... by showing the boddy is battling viruses thru secondary markers such as inflammation and other things.

This is my explanation. . so take it with a pinch of salt.

But you can check out teh company's website.. the 2 CFIDS panels are shown there.

Read Lisa's post on this also.

delia