while i was bending over last night.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by makala, Aug 24, 2002.

1. makala

makala New Member

i was giving my two daughters baths then the dog....and was bending over and i allways have bad low back pain and i have myofacial pain syndrome and also hypermobility syndrome and fibro...but anyways i had a weird feeling in my neck area...(not like before....before it is more of feeling of stiffness and need to be cracked from pressure feeling) and last night it felt like a pinching feeling in my right side of my neck....hands and feet have been tingleing for a while now and i thought it was part of the fibro but not sure....just wondering if anyone got some insight on this....lol :) Makala
  2. makala

makala New Member

i was giving my two daughters baths then the dog....and was bending over and i allways have bad low back pain and i have myofacial pain syndrome and also hypermobility syndrome and fibro...but anyways i had a weird feeling in my neck area...(not like before....before it is more of feeling of stiffness and need to be cracked from pressure feeling) and last night it felt like a pinching feeling in my right side of my neck....hands and feet have been tingleing for a while now and i thought it was part of the fibro but not sure....just wondering if anyone got some insight on this....lol :) Makala
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have had that happen, for doing just what you describled.

I would just take a soak, and would usually be alright the next day. But if you continue to feel that tingling I would have it check out. You could have pulled a muscle in the back by bending like that, or twisted a nerve.

Have you tried using a chair on the side of the tub to wash the children? or have them stand up so you can eliminate some of the bending?

As for the dog, ha, (I have five of them), I use a childs molded swimming pool with the hose attached to the kitchen faucet for warm water and wash them on the patio. In other words I am more hosing them then bending over!

Hope you are feeling better soon, if not do call the doctor.

Shalom, Shirl

4. jackiec

jackiec New Member

Sorry, but your title made me most curious to your post. Disappointed that it wasn't something more risque' (hope you can take a joke----my apologies if you don't see the humor in this).

I often get a similar "pain in the neck" from doing the most simple things, and bending over the side of the tub does aggravate it very much---for what reason, I don't know. Usually I will use a warm moist-heat-pack and take a pain-pill (over-the-counter types help a little), and rest my neck as much as possible. Hope you are feeling better quicly. Otherwise, see your doctor, please.

Will be thinking of you (actually with a smile, because you made my day with your title, at least!).

Hugs and less-pain, J.C.