While waiting for SSD approval,do I need to close FB,here,etc accts?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Mar 11, 2012.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

should I close my FB account and any forum accounts I'm on? I don't use my real name on any of the forums but my FB page is in my name and I have another in my nickname.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I have always heard that the most surveillance is done on worker's comp claims rather than on regular disability claims. Don't know if that's correct or not!!

Or ... it might be according to your age, what occupation you are in, or have been in, and other factors.[This Message was Edited on 03/12/2012]
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I do not think you need to close your accounts either, but I would be careful on what you post on FB just to be sure. ---I wouldn't post something like "I just cleaned my house top to bottom"~~~~~like any of us can really do that.....
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I too have heard that the most surveillance is done on those who are on workman's comp. However, like someone else said, don't post that you do any kind of house work, etc. on FB.

Good luck!

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

With claims that I doubt they have time to do surveillance but I agree with everyone else: Don't give them any reason to deny your claim. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  6. moi482001

moi482001 Member

While you are waiting for approval, do not close you account but be very weary of any information you put out there, including casual conversation with your neighbors etc.
    I know I had someone parked not too far from my house for a couple of days until I went out there to ask what the person was doing.
    Approval for fibromyalgia is not a given, so be very careful how you answer your doctor or any professionals they send you to.
    Of course, I wouldn't go on a holiday either even if it would do you the world of good to get away.

Been there and waited 18 months before I was paid. The last letter I sent them was to ask them where I could possibly work given all my difficulties and who would hire me.

Good luck.

PS Be just as careful after you are approved.