WHIT1 Question For You, Just Curious

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jun 12, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi,

I was reading a response you posted regarding SSD. In that response, you stated that you only had one more year to see if you could still get it. Were you on like a short term?

Just curious and learning here.

Thank you,

BlueSky555
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I'm bumping; going to sign off computer now but will check back tonight to see if you received this.

Thank you so much,

BlueSky555
  3. WHIT1

WHIT1 New Member

They only gave it to me for 3 years. So I am guessing at the end of 3yrs I will be revaluated to see I will continue on disability. My friend who has lupus and fibro plus other problems got 5 yrs.As for short term I don't know if thats what they are meaning. I'v talked to other people who have disability and some only got a year. but at the end they ended up getting long term. There is no way I can go back to work,especially with menere's disease it makes it impossible to function under florescent lights,plus do any repetitive motions with my joints. Are you learning because you are on disability or trying to get it?
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I am applying but also wanted to know about the short term. I was unaware that this was available at all through SSD. (I really don't know a lot about it but learning now).

I want to thank you for responding to my question. I wonder how many that have something like you have must return to work? I would think they should have given you permanent disability. Hopefully, you'll get it.

Again, thank you and have a good day,

BlueSky555
  5. WHIT1

WHIT1 New Member

I can't see them putting me back to work cause I would be back to where I started. Its bad enough you take 2 steps forward and end up with 10 back. I lost 3 jobs because of all my problems.The law protects you for 12 wks and after that you are canned.I took pay cuts and tried different areas of work just so I could control how I worked and at my pace but I they always pushed me. I asked the dr who interviewed me what can I do I have tried. If they go by the jobs I had there is no way that I can do them they are all physical jobs doing alot of pulling and lifting and my hands especially my right hand is shot. Can't have anymore surgeries on it. I don't see why you won't get it I read your profile and you sound like you have more wrong than me.