White patch on tonsils???? Help..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

A friend of mine has this and I thought I read somewhere that this can be common with FM..she does have FM also. Can anyone answer for me?
    Thanks
    Carlacat
  2. Goodday

Goodday New Member

Usually comes with bad pain!!

Tonsils can become a little swollen and can show some dead bacteria, that looks white or a little yellow and be in the tissue of the tonsil. Tonsils are suppose to be a catch all for white dead cells, the phagocytes cells in our body kill off the bacteria per blood system and deposit the dead cells in the pockets of the tonsils.

If it is always strep throat then I should be a gonner by now, because I have had white patches for years, off and on.

Watch for fever, soarness, and hoarseness. And of course it doesn't hurt to be checked by a doctor for the
    above mentioned conditions. Goodday
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Had that twenty something years ago. It was absesses. They lanced 20 or more of them. No, it did not hurt (even then), they deadened my tonsils, and just cut out the absesses , gave me mega units of penicilln and it was all over within a few days.

I forgot all about that untill I read your post!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

and is usually raw underneith. Tonsilitis pussual's come some come off and usually resemble small grains of rice. Strep more streeky and may a have a sore throat and fever or a rash on there body simiular to prickily heat looking but, a bit rough like small sand to the light brush of the rash which is strep with a rash aka Scarlet fever. Seeing a doctor is a must when something new crops up and the 4 here. I use an inhaler and the steroids in it cause thrush on my Uvula (sp).

Hope this helps, Kim and Gary

5. aching

aching New Member

and our Dr. said she has to live with it. She is only 16. The Dr. told us that some people have a residual chronic infection and nothing will clear it up. It's distressing for her as every once in awhile a piece will come away and make her gag.I believe she should have had her tonsils removed when she was younger, but it's like pulling teeth to get them to do it now.
    She would get up to 6 episodes of tonsilitis in a year but the ENT always insisted you had to have 7 before they would remove them.She also has bad breath, that isn't very nice for a 16 yr.old.
    Piper
  6. zestytx

zestytx New Member

My uncle, who was a doctor, prescribed mega doses of vitamin C.. he said if it wasnt strep, it was a viral infection and the C would take care of it. I would get sick at the beginning of every year in college. He was a horse of a different color since back then they still poked you with a penicillin shot for everything. I take C and 1,000 mg garlic twice a day if I get it now. Seems to work for me. Your mileage may vary. LOL