White sediment floating in your urine? - Update, saw doc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, May 17, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Yesterday I had to give a urine sample for a drug test and the nurse said there was a lot of white sediment in my urine. She held it up to the light, and sure enough there were little white flakes floating around. I went to my dr. and left a urine sample and will hear tomorrow.

Has anyone had this before?

Saw the dr. this morning. My urinalysis was clear as a bell; no infection. We talked about my symptoms - full bladder feeling, urinary urgency and frequency, lower back pain, overall yucky feeling.

She did a pelvice and said my left ovary felt "fuller" than my right ovary but it could just be the way my uterus is tilted. She said it could be ovarian cysts or endometriosis but was absolutely not ovarian cancer.

She's sending me for a pelvic ultrasound which she says will give her a better picture of my ovaries. I'm scared and disappointed that they didn't find something today, give me a prescription and say "you'll feel better in a couple of days".

It's like the never ending cycle of my life with endless tests, no results, all is normal. I guess I'm just scared now.

[This Message was Edited on 05/19/2005]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For those on the Guai treatment. It is like the tarter which builds up on teeth--same material.

If you are not on the Guai, I don't know what it could be. Perhaps our other members can help.

Love, Mikie
  3. KelB

KelB New Member

I had this once. The nurse showed me the sample and told me that the white flecks meant that I was burning off (and passing) more fat than usual. I had flu at the time.
  4. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I'm not on the Guai. Not sure about the fat in the urine. Now I'm starting to worry. Ugh.
  5. Dorothee

Dorothee New Member

Don't worry, drink cammomile tea!

You've probably a (light) bladder infection.

Good luck!

6. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I wouldn't say it's clumps...it's like flakes. Very small. Like when you shake a snowglobe but much smaller. You can only see it if you pee in a clear container and hold it up to the light. I don't have any of the other symptoms of Lupus...I guess I could have the anemia/ana but I haven't had my blood work done for about a year.
  7. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Also, the dr. said that we all may have sediment in our urine from time to time and this was normal. Just thought y'all might want to know.
  8. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Thanks...I had it cultured and what's new? Normal, normal, normal! the story of my life. I went today and had the pelvic ultrasound. The tech told me that everything looked normal, that my uterus was tilted to the left but that was no big deal. Maybe I have endometriosis. I have no clue.

9. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I've thought about cystitis...isn't that really hard to diagnose?
  10. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Huh. Interesting. The first thing that I thought of (not that I am a doctor....or have experience with this, I might add), is something like calcium and other mineral deposits...but obviously not out of the normal. When I low carb, I get something similar ...which I am hoping is fat!!!! (Hey, we are eating, taking meds, supplements, doing different things to help our bodies - what we are taking/eating/using has to come out the other end at some point, right? :) )