White Spot in Back of Throat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I have a white spot on the back of my throat

Any idea what this could be, Oh Wise Ones?
  2. raggedyann

raggedyann New Member

I have had a whitish/yellow spot on my throat for over 2 years. My doctor said that since tonsils are a part of the immune system, and since all fibromites have a messed up immune system, then the tonsils are trying to filter out something harmful. I still don't understand much of all this.
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I have had these for over a year and a half now. They get better then they get worse at times. Docs dont know why I have them. Could be strep, EBV, candida, toxins, etc.
  4. rigby

rigby New Member

If you still have your tonsils you can have strep without symptoms. My daughter tested positive for strep for over a year without any symptoms we had to get her tonsils removed. Doctor said tonsils are like sponges they get the germ but can not always get them out,
  5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Over the years, I've had small white spots on my tonsils. They are basically small ulcers caused by either a bacterial or viral infection. Strep is just one of the many bacteria than can cause a throat infection.

Candida usually is white patches that occur around the mouth and tongue.

If it's bacterial infection, you need antibiotics, if it's viral, it will go away on it's own.

Best to get it swabbed.

Eileen

6. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

For years and years. It was my tonsils. They finally removed them when I was 22.