white tongue not patches what helps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rose515, Sep 12, 2010.

1. rose515

rose515 Member

Does anyone get a white coated tongue -no patches just white? I don't know if this is yeast or yeast die-off. It is so annoying. Are there any solutions for this? I don't eat alot of sugar at all but recently had fruit. I believe it happens as a result of a lowered immune system because sometimes I can eat fruit and other times not at all.
    ruby
  2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Yes this sounds like a yeast (candida) overgrowth, a few weeks of probiotics and extra attention to oral hygeine should help just fine if it's in the early stages

Dehydration can also cause a coated tongue, so be mindful of that too :)

if it doesn't go away or becomes constant, i'd see your doctor; it could be a sign of something more happening, internally
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Is a white coated tongue a new symptom for you, or have you always had this?
  4. limbo

limbo Member

Hi! I don't get on here very often, but I get the same. I went to urgent med.twice, and of all luck got the same foreign doc. He says it is normal! I insisted on nystatin. The first time it didn't test fungal. I know it is from sugar, so just another thing to deal with. I'm in my early seventies, and with fibro it isn't fun. Acupunture helps me with the fatigue.