whittemore peterson email?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Nov 16, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Has anyone ever emailed WPI about xmrv? If so did you receive an email about research?
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I did and did not get an answer; however, there is now a link to a questionnaire to fill out re research on their website (& they do email to let you know that they received it).....also Andrea Whittemore-Goad represents them on facebook and is very good about responding to anything written to her there....to get to their website, just google Whittemore Peterson
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

Just checking I got the email and it freaked me out. Since it will be a week tomorrow they have been testing my blood.
    I did fill it out and emailed it no response. Did you say the did respond?

I was just checking to make sure they were sending these emails out to everyone.
    Made me happy!

4. hensue

hensue New Member

received the email that they got it.
  5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

How did you get it to them?? i filled out the questionaire, and got an e-mail saying they recieved it.
    but how can you actually get a sample there for them to test??
    Thanks, Kat
  6. ulala

ulala New Member

how VIP mailed the kit to you? Was it by U.S. mail, or U.P.S.?

WIll they notify your doctor about the results of your tests? I know you must be very anxious to get them! Hopefully you'll get them before Thanksgiving!

Best wishes!
  7. hensue

hensue New Member

They are testing it since last Tuesday and they are the only lab authorized for WPI.
    That is what I was told by the Lab.
    Vince Lombardi that helped with the research that came out Oct 8 in science from Whittemore
    he is part of VIP lab. He might be over the lab for all I know. I know he is one of the Scientist at VIP.

I think WPI funds this lab, it is a small lab, from what I understand they all work together.
    I am not explaining it right I am sure. Others will know.

So they have my blood and I hope I come back negative. Sorry but this stuff is terrible Fibro chronic fatigue. I really do not want a retrovirus?? Have I passed it down?

Suppose to find out at the end of week or by Tuesday of next week. Yuk
    Take Care

8. hensue

hensue New Member

You can have your blood drawn on Mondays or Thursdays. That way it is 24 hour fed ex back to Wpi. My Lab sent it back by fed-ex. Most labs that is pretty routine to them. She said fed-ex picked up at a certain time in the afternoon. So she wanted mine done around 11.00am.
    I know that the Vip lab had it 24 hours later.
    I am being tested for the chronic and latent. Hopefully when they have the antibody test if this comes back negative. I will have that Test when it comes out.
    Right now I am so excited nothing will take this away from me. My son who has custody of his two boys is getting out of the Army December 22, after 10 long and hard years. Iraq, Afghanistan and Delta force. I am so excited that has been the best gift God will give us.
    I must say my son is pumped. It is a little nerve racking after being in there so long. He has a good skill when he gets out. I can hear him getting excited in his voice.
    We are all going to have a Great Christmas.
    Take care
  9. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

I e-mailed them asking if anyone in Birmingham Alabama had approached them about doing research on XMRV. I got an automated reply. It said they will responding directly when they get to it. A week later, I tried same e-mail again. I got a one-liner saying no research in Birmingham.

I just got an e-mail from them today or yesterday about the survey. I plan to talk to my doctor about it. The doctor I have now I don't even know if she would agree with diagnosis of CFS. When I came to her, I told her I have CFS and I want these tests run.

We never discussed her feelings on it.

10. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

does VIP have a website?? and will they send you a test kit, kinda like what Igenex does?? i know if i take a test kit to DR. Salvato she will approve me getting lab work done, especially if im paying for a test,ooh and by the way, can you tell me how much the blood test is?not trying to be nosey.
    i know when i had my Igenex test ran for Lyme it cost me $200.00 Ins wouldnt pay for it.
    thanks again
  11. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

glad you got the email
  12. ulala

ulala New Member

Thanks for your reply and the info about VIP. I wonder what’s the difference between chronic, latent and antibody tests? Antibodies show previous exposure to the virus, but chronic and latent? I ‘m not sure what that means. Hopefully we’ll know soon enough.

It sounds like you’re going to have such a wonderful Christmas holiday and you have so much to look forward to with your son coming home for good!

I look forward to hearing your results, if you post them.

Best wishes!
  13. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i agree xmrv is not a good thing to have, but after so many years of searching, it is kind of satisfying to find out what it was all along...even if, as in my case, the knowledge came a little too late. just knowing the truth is something.
  14. hensue

hensue New Member

If you get the chronic and latent it is 650.00. Chronic I guess is active infection and latent I would think not sure. I guess is dormant or just laying around in there.
    No WPI does not have the test you have to go through the VIP lab.
    It is on the WPI website on facebook and the website.

Take care

it will be a week today tuesday VIP has been testing my blood.