Who consoles you? it seems.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grayfryer, Jan 8, 2006.

1. grayfryer

grayfryer New Member

It seems to me that I1m forever consoling and listening to other peoples problems and lifes dramas and ive come to relize this is not good in helping with this condition as stress levels are already low dealing with my own situation, Know nobody seems to want to give time to trying to listen or understand my situation against my nature im cutting these people out of my life,
    No longer will i tolerate people expecting me to drop everthing even if im not doing anything to help them or be a good listener and have become very select in the company i keep if there not positive and supportive towards my situation and i mean they have no issues or criticism and pathetic advice i give them a wide berth that includes family, its hard to do but it helps,, which is what we need anything that helps is positive
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I was always the 'good listener'. I do have friends that 'listen back'. But I also know a LOT of talkers. One is a client, and one is a childhood friend. The client will be a factor only for the next couple of months, and the childhood friend calls maybe every couple of months. The wipeout happens when I get both of them in one day.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

...it took me a very, very long time to realize that I had to treat myself the way I treat others...i.e. love myself, pamper myself, baby myself, etc.

I feel so liberated since I make the decision to embrace FMS/CFIDS and stop pushing myself and stop trying to be the
    person I used to be.

grayfryer...take care of you....some people will drain you because they are used to you being their counselor. It takes a lot of energy to console and listen to other people. You get to decide if you want to give them your energy or give yourself that energy.