Who defines if you are disabled?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KacG, Jan 16, 2006.

1. KacG

KacG New Member

How do you know if you are disabled enough to not work? I've been struggling forever with easy parttime jobs and then can't do anything outside of work (taking care of house, hobbies, etc.) Live is just a big struggle. If I had to work fulltime to support myself I don't now what I'd do. I would have to drag myselt to a job and then drag myself home and collapse till the next day. I've never used my college education because Icna't think. So am I forced to drag myself to menial unthinking jobs until I totally can't function anymore??? Are others in this type of situation?
    Thanks for any input.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

then you go to your doctor explain your situation...physical problems and mental problems...maybe yu are getting reprimanded at work for instance for not beig able to focus and do your job....

but when it comes to thinking you need to file ssdi/or ssi
    i advise to nt tell your doctor you intend to do so...because personally ssa has their own reasoning for being disabled compared to some doctors...my primary said i was not disabled well she did tell me to go get a gun and go home and shoot myself...back in august...she believes you must be in icu...

anyways i was approved the first time with out any reconsideration stage...read my bio...

plus i suggest to do your bio it helps us here to help you w/some options on ssa and your helath not that we are doctors but gives us an idea...

jodie
  3. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

It is a hard decision, because so many people think if you can get out of bed in the morning, then you could work.

But, it is hard enough physically,and emotionally .. But, then you have to deal with the people, too. It is so hard to focus, and keep your mind centered, when other people, want to talk, and distract you. Because, they can go right back to their job, and it would take me awhile to get back to it.....

Being forgetful, is the biggest reason, I was afraid to try and work.. My brain had to function , all of the time... Then there was the flare ups, and the low immune system, and I would be unable to work. I hated to call in, and I knew it made it hard on everyone else, too.

You need to decide, and then stick with it.. You know, and I think I know ,that you just can't do it anymore... You paid the SS, where it would pay you, when you couldn't work anymore. It is your money, don't feel bad about asking for it. Best Wishes, my heart and prayers go out to you...