Who else showed signs of toxic metals?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Feb 1, 2007.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My hair analysis showed 4X the threshold levels of Cadmium, Lead & Antimony. The threshold is hair samples from otherwise "healthy" individuals. My Arsenic level was at 1.1X.

I also understand that there are stool and urine samples done.

Lead - weakens immune system, brain fog
    Cadmium - Interferes with the Thyroid T4->T3 conversion

2. angelina929

angelina929 New Member

Back in June, my then dr. had me do a 24hr. urine test ~ I had a lot of high levels on a lot of metals!!! I did a monthly long prescription (think it was DMSA??) retested and most were down, mercury was quadrupled!! Since then, I've retested a few more times. It appears that I have high mercury stores in my body. My dr. is recommending chelation therapy with vitamin c drip.
  3. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Just a note that DMSA is a very strong mercury chelator, so it should never be used if you still have amalgams in your teeth. Substances like DMSA , DMPS, etc...will pull the mercury out of those amalgams & re-circulate them into the body/tissues.
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Who does this testing? What are the tests called? No Dr has even suggested such a test to me.

Sofi
  5. Skyemberr

Skyemberr New Member

My FMS started during a deployment to the Balkans. After 30 days in a military hospital someone finally tested me for heavy metals and I came back abnormal for Arsenic.

I was only diagnosed with eosinophilic cystitis at that time, but since I had that the FMS symptoms have begun and spread, and after 3 years I was diagnosed with FMS instead of just the hodgepodge of disorders they found one by one.

I have to wonder how often a chemical exposure is the triggering event for FMS.
  6. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Angelina929 - I initially took DMSA oral chelation but per the bottles instructions took it every other day. Dr. Andrew Cutler Ph.D Chemist says that this will redistribute the metals and only take a little out. He recommends taking a very small amount every 4 hours for 3 days ON and 3 days OFF. I'll bet your Mercury got on the loose and probably made you feel worse. There is a Yahoo forum called "Adult Metal Chelation" that can help you. I'm feeling better after 4 rounds so far.

Hope4sofia - There are chelation doctors, but its hard to find one, its a new science to many doctors some have done more harm than good. From what I've read, the danger is in pulling out too many bad toxic metals too quick. I had bad kidney pain even at Dr. Cutler's lowest recommended dose.

Skyemberr - There was a nerve agent used during WWII called Lewisite containing Arsenic. Arsenic locks up the enzymes so they can't function anymore. The body has >2000 types of enzymes most made by the liver and pancreas.

The Brits developed an antidote: BAL "British Anti-Lewisite" It uses an IV and can have very bad side effects.

DMSA was an antidote for Mercury nerve agents. It has a 50 year history, but the technique is more refined today.