Who gives you your sleep meds / sleep study people

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, May 5, 2006.

1. place

place New Member

I was wondering for all those who got a sleep study, did they take over your meds for sleep? Do they work with you until you reach stage 4 or do they just make a recomendation to your dr.?

thanks in advance!

place
  2. place

place New Member

Anybody with a sleep study?
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

When I had a sleep study done I was told to use whatever I usually used to sleep. Of course, I didn't sleep, not there with a light on and the A/C blowing on me. But they just sent a report to my doctor. It said I only had 11% REM sleep due to anxiety and depression. I called and argued with them but they wouldn't talk about or consider CFS. That was four years ago.

Marta
  4. place

place New Member

So it was more of a testing place rather than having a sleep doc to assist in taking care of the results of the test?
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I was not given sleep meds at that time.

The sleep study people only did the study. Then they sent the reports to my doc.

I wasn't given sleep meds until I was diagnosed with CFS and anxiety/PTSD. I'm off of them now, but am thinking of getting some again.

Hope this helps a little.

God Bless.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I went through two sleep studies. I was refered right back to my FM doc (rheumatologist) who gives me sleep meds.

nyrofan
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

in March and we're still waiting for the results. It is just a diagnostic exam to see how you sleep or don't sleep. They may or may not give you your sleep meds- I know they won't give you anything you are not already on. Someone said they had to try to sleep with a light on....that was bad! My son was made very comfortable, and it was dark in the room. They watched him with infrared lighting, so it could be dark. Hopefully when we get the results, it will have been worth it.