Who had Abnormal MRI that Could Only be Linked to FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Oct 21, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I've been suffering for the last two years almost, and docs are finally coming down to FM as my diagnosis. I've had plenty of tests to rule out other things. I'll be having an MRI in a few weeks, Oct 30 and am curious obviously a sthings like mS have been suspected. Has anyone suffering from FM had an MRI which showed a problem that the docs linked to FM. I'm desperate to find some answers to my health issues. I'm only 32, have 4 kids to look after and whatever my problems is hit me like a ton of bricks one day, and has NEVER subsided. Thank you for any input, Laura
  2. ladykew

ladykew New Member

Hi, Laura,

I've had FM for 20 yrs, but just 2 yrs ago had an MRI to find out why I was having so many symptoms, migraines, etc. They found a lesion but didn't know what it was.

I told them I had a brain contusion from an auto accident about 12 years ago, so they assumed that must be what it was, so they stopped checking for anything else.

Be sure you ask all the questions you want answers to, and don't leave until you have the answers. I pray for you that you do not have MS or any other diseases. FM is bad enough, but the symptoms can be treated.

If it is FM, you may have to change your life somewhat, and find easier ways to do things so you preserve your energy and you lessen your chances of hurting so much.
    With 4 children, you will need to.

What type of symptoms are you having? Are you taking any medications for FM at the present? Do you see a Rheumatologist?

My prayers are with you,
    Hugs,
    ~~~LadyLew

3. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Everything seemed to be brought on by my last pregnancy. I had two blood clots during the pregnancy as well. My symptoms are
    1)daily migraines-complete with nausea, facial numbness, light, sound, smell sensitivity
    2)overall body ache, both joints, muscles and I'd even say bones. Everything in my feet to my head
    3)numbness in my left arm & leg
    4)Very disruptive visual disturbances
    5)very weak and little to no energy, could sleep all the time
    6)irritable bowel syndrome
    7)Very tender eye balls. Feels like they are badly bruised
    8)very sensitive to touch, always hurting somewhere
    9)ELECTRIC SHOCK LIKE FEELING DOWN SPINE WHEN I MOVE MY NECK
    10)CANNOT GAIN WEIGHT, I'm only 115lbs
    These are the main things. As I said I'll be interested to see what the MRI says. I'm now being referred to a Rheumatologist. I've also tried every family of preventatives, with bad side effects and no relief. Laura
  4. darude

darude New Member

Found a PT and other lesions but not related to anything else. See my post on Brain lesions.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2006]
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

Back years ago I had an abnormal MRI. The neuro said that they were going to have to scan me every 6 months indeffinately because there were light patches on my scan that they could not explain & that they had only seen once before in another woman EVER.
    That was fine, but then another neuro overrode that & said that everything was within normal limits. Heck even I can see these 'abnormal light areas' on the scans.
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I had one a couple of years after a head injury, and they said it was normal.

However, after I read the book "Osler's Web," I looked at them again and saw a lot of things that looked kind of like scratches. They weren't on the film, though, since they were in the same spot on the brain regardless of what angle the picture was taken from.

i have bipolar as well as CFS, and so I don't know what caused the unidentified bright spots (or whatever they're called).

In truth,, it doesn't matter, I guess. It's not like that evidence is needed in order for me to know that there's something wrong with my brain.