Who Has A Select Comfort Bed & What Model Did You Get?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Raindrops, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Raindrops

Raindrops New Member

HI, I HAVE READ MANY POST ABOUT BEDS BUT THE SELECT COMFORT BED SEEMS TO BE THE ONE WE FAVOR MOST. WE WILL GO TO THE STORE LATER TODAY OR TOMORROW AND LOOK AT THEM. I WANTED TO GET AN IDEA OF PRICE, ETC. SO I WENT TO THE INTERNET. AFTER LOOKING ON THE INTERNET, I FOUND THAT THERE WERE MANY MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM. I WAS WONDERING WHICH MODEL SOME OF YOU GOT FOR YOUR FM? ANY ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED

THANKS, DIANA/RAINDROPS
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Diana,
    I do not use a select comfort bed, or any other, for that matter. Lying down is so painful for me , that I have been sleeping in a reliner for over 10 years. I find it mush more comfortable, and I am not plagued by the all-over pain that comes when I try to lie down. I have two, an inexpensive one in the living room, and a really nice one (wide, comfortable, flattens out at will) in my bedroom. I never use the bed anymore, just keep it for visitors, (when I easily move to the livingroom to sleep). I just wanted to share this with you,as an idea. Another benefit is that I don't have to make the bed. I use a throw (either regular or down), and that is all I need. Have fun choosing. Terry
  3. AJME

AJME New Member

I have a select comfort. I find it to be better then regular beds and too be more supportive then a waterbed.

I also have a oval Wicker Basket love seat (popular in the 70's, 80's) that seems to sleep the best. The curvature of the basket seems to help me sleep better. It keeps my head gently elevated and helps my chronic sinus problems. Also keeps my feet elevated seems to help to.
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

My sis got the one with the pillowtop, she loves it. I am saving up for one myself. Also even with the pillowtop the mattresses are not too thick for regular sheets - that would be heaven, there seem to be so few linen choices for the extra thick mattresses.