who has been helped by dr.dantini in florida?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by redtex, Apr 17, 2007.

1. redtex

redtex New Member

he focuses on virus's and food allergies. claims he himself has recovered from fibro.
  2. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

I was just wondering where in FL is he located?
  3. redtex

redtex New Member

is in ormond beach fl. web page - 4fybromyalgia.com.
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I started phone consultations with Dr Dantini on Feb 7. I had viral testing and delayed food allergy testing. On day 12 of my antiviral medication I no longer felt exhausted. The following day I no longer limped when I got up to the bathroom at night. I was not nearly as stiff as before. My soreness, pain and stiffness has improved. I just finished the 6 week avoidance phase of the diet. I have delayed allergies to 22 of the 88 foods that I was tested for. This has been very difficult. I had to avoid cane sugar, corn, wheat, milk etc,in any form. Tomorrow I will have my 3rd consult and start the challenge phase. It takes alot of willpower and desire to get better to follow through with this diet. The Dr believes that you will only get partially better with just the antiviral med. From his own experience he discovered how important a role delayed food allergies played in his recovery. He relapsed a couple times before realizing this and also how important food rotation is. I always knew that I developed FM after a bad respiratory virus 20 years ago. I have always wanted to try antivirals for this reason. None of us know what the future holds so I am grateful for the chance to feel better.
  5. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

If you don't mind, how much does he charge?
    Does he take insurance?

I would give it a shot if I could afford it.
    ...Bobbi
  6. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

The phone consults are not covered by insurance. Alot of my lab work was covered (viral testing and delayed food allergy testing) minus my deductible and copay. The antiviral med cost depends on your prescription plan and the med you are prescribed. I don't have prescription coverage on my plan, so I am paying $200 per week for Famvir. The Dr said he takes it also and he only has to pay $50 per week. My consults have ranged from $133-$250. It depends on how long you talk to the Dr. My first 2 were the longest and I talked for awhile, asking questions.
  7. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

Thanks for the info.
    I have good coverage, but can't afford the consults at the moment.
    Not working and no disability yet.

Let us know how you're doing.
    Thanks again.
    ...Bobbi
  8. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Glad to see you helped my Famvir. Did you have viral symptoms with your CFS?

thanks,
    chris
  9. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I developed FM after a bad respiratory infection in 1986, so I always felt that antiviral medication would help me. I had 5 viruses in high levels when tested in February 2007.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2007]
  10. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Thanks and good luck.