Who has Energy???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debkmpf, Jun 4, 2003.

1. debkmpf

debkmpf New Member

Does anyone else have trouble doing housework.I go to work and college, am 48,bipolar,and the only time I have energy is when I'm manic.I take Prozac,Neurontin,Wellbutrin,and Ativan. Thanks!!Deb K
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I have no energy whatsoever. Been in bed for past
    8 months.
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Well....let me think. I believe I feel moments of that word every so often,like once every couple months~and when i feel it....I do things that I have'nt done in sooooo long,and send myself into a flare! Is it worth it??you bet!!just having brief moments of the "old me" makes it worthwhile~I just wish I had more energy,more often.(don't we all!?) The tiredness and fatique are the pits!
    Have a restful night~
    Hugs,
    Tracey
  4. reva727

reva727 New Member

I don't remember when I did have energy. I sleep ten hours a night and still can hardly make myself do the chores I need to do. The doctor prescribed Ritilin so I can wake up in the morning.
  5. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

What is energy ??????????????

I sleep 8 to 11 hours a night , drag myself to work, fall asleep at work. Work and sleep , that is my life.
  6. AnnG

AnnG New Member

...lead exciting lives?!!!
  7. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

You go to work and college????!!!
    I'm impressed! But I also hope you are kind to yourself too.
    Lots of naps, and a vacation would be a really good thing!

Heck, you should just let those dust bunnies stay put until after you finish school.
    I don't have enough energy to do well, much of anything.
    Take Care (and rest)
    Ziggy
  8. teach6

teach6 New Member

I am unable to work any more and the last college course (grad level) I took for recertification was a nightmare, and that was way before I had a clue about this dx, but was having symptoms. Just getting through a day requires me to take a two hour nap and I sleep about 8-10 hours at night.

Energy? I hardly remember what it is. I work hard to pace myself so I can participate in a few activities, but I really have to be careful.

Barbara
  9. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Deb K,

Oh, - It`s a feeling I have only just recently started to experience again big style. It feels weird but wonderful.
    I too am 48.
    My daughter 18 has had CFS 3yrs now (almost bedridden at one time), and myself struggling to just get through the day!!! Housework was badly neglected, I felt controlled by fatigue.

Neither of us were on meds, as I avoid these if it`s at all possible.(I know some like yourself can`t survive without).

There is a lot you can introduce to your diet that will benefit you more than drugs ever can. I believe it`s our poor diet and stress (which comes in many ways) that triggers this disease.

We have dumped all processed crap and refined sugars.

The biggest leap came when my daughter eliminated the stress and eventually started on Olive Leaf Extract -(natural Antibiotic) this improved her energy levels a lot.

My recent leap into having energy again has come about by again, eliminating stress, starting Cytolog and altering my diet/supplements.-
    My day starts with a spray of Cytolog then a cup of Green Tea followed by Ginger & Lemon Tea, (with fruit sugar to sweeten). & Olive Leaf Extract.
    Breakfast is a home made museli mix with rice milk or a fruit blend:- (Banana,apple,pineapple,coconut,milk,satsumers,ginger, parsley etc.) Followed throughout the day with water & more herbal teas of various types.
    Lunch is a cheese & onion sarnie in wholemeal bread, we need onion for the enzymes.
    Tea is chicken or fish with oven cooked veggies or salad with tatoes/rice. I love curry too...
    Also fresh garlic somehow in with meals most days.

I have Flaxseed Oil after meals.
    Digestive enzymes just before meals, and Acidophilus caps between.
    Have recently introduced Sea Salt into the diet too.

I still get off days, but there`s a huge difference in my sleep, it`s deeper, I wake more refreshed and sleep less hours. I am up at 6-6.30am every day now - absolutely unheard of for years...

My daughter will not touch the herbal teas and drinks very little throughout the day, - progress has not been so rapid... - We so often hear that water is essential, it really does help with energy levels...

Hoping this may help you in some way.

Love Pat.
  10. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi Deb,

I cant do housework anymore. Not done it in 9 months now, Wish i could. My teenager daughter trys her best but it never done properly. I dont know how people manage to go out to work.

Shazzy
  11. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I manage to clean the bathroom, vacuum and change the sheets every 2 months, whether it needs it or not. :) (I only do one of them on any given day, unless I actually have energy.) I rest in between rooms or sections. Usually I make myself finish because if I don't, there's no guarantee it'll get finished the next day. Dusting gets done much less often.

[ advertisement ]