Who has excema/dry patches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jun 21, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have excema (sp?) and read in the new ProHealth catalog (love the articles, by the way) that dry skin patches are a symptom of FM and I wondered who else has this?

Thanks
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Really bad on my face,between my eyes,around my nose.It drives me MAD(although I don't have far to go!)
    There are so many crazy things with fibro.
    Take Care & hugs,
    Mary
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I have it too, unless they are rashes from Lyme.

Am not sure yet. A dermatologist told me it was excema, but after doing Lyme research...he could be mistaken.

4. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

I use Eildel (sp???). My doctor gave me a presrciption for it and its a godsend. I too had excema all over my face - there is not a trace of it on my face anymore.
  5. cobra21

cobra21 New Member

I got eczema shortly after my father died when I was 43. My mum also has it though hers itches mine doesn't. If my mum is stressed hers gets really bad, mine went almost completely away when I was taking Methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Now I only have a small patch on the palm of my hand which comes and goes. I take Evening Primrose capsules which seem to help but they don't help my mum.

She has to use steroid creams which are very strong and can thin the skin

Hope you find something to help.
  6. janieb

janieb New Member

His mother got a local health product store to make her a mixture of a good oil and lavendar (essential oils). It was the only thing that worked on him.

If you have fibro, your treatment may not let you use essential oils, so check first. If you're using the protocol by Dr. Paul St. Armand, it would be out.

janieb
  7. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I've had it forever. It was really bad when I was young. I remember itching to the point of bleeding quite often.

My daughter also has it. When she was real little she would get patches that just wouldn't go away.

Now, she and I just manage it with a lot of lotion. I use extreme moisturizing lotions on my face and it still has a lot of dryness.

The lotion I use on my body is Curel - the one for extremely dry skin.

Sofi
  8. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I have very dry eyes - like sand. I have to keep eye drops by my bed in order to open my eyes in the morning.

Just wondering if they might go together.

Sofi
  9. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

yep. i can't wear my wedding rings today because I had a patch develop under my rings.

I have a rx for flurocinolone ointment. It does a great job, just v. greasy.

And yes, the excema started the same time the FM started.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2006]
  10. Tique

Tique New Member

I am now having an extreme problem with dry eyes. I am with my thrid doctor who is finally working with me on it. He says to never use bottle eye drops. They have preseratives in them. You can buy eye drops in a large box , I use Thers Tears, which have small disposable vials. They have helped my eyes so much and also Refresh PM eye ointment at night to keep your eyes moist at night. I am probally going to have to have eye plugs as my eyes are not producing many tears. I thought this info. might help someone who needs something besides just eye drops.
  11. elliespad

elliespad Member

on my face. This itch can drive you mad. Not to mention disfiguring. I use steriod creams. Sparingly. It is hell, isn't it.
  12. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

I use Hydrolatum...over the counter lotion, I got it at CVS...a co-worker told me about it for my daughter when she was teething and druling like crazy and getting all chafed and it worked wonders. It is doing a great job for me on my knuckles, eye lid and knees....
  13. D-a-r-l-e-n-e

D-a-r-l-e-n-e New Member

I used to have bad exzema, especially the hands. Then I realized I was allergic to chlorine. Not just cleaning products, but also the chlorine in tap water. I started heavily filtering my drinking water, now I have been exzema free for eight or nine years.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2006]