Who has had it more than 10 years and please....

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by liberty143, Jun 14, 2008.

1. liberty143

liberty143 New Member

write about what antibiotic treatments have you been on?

I just finished 2 weeks of Doxy but I have had FM since 1985. Igenex results sorta positive for Lyme

Thanks,
    liberty
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

If you've been sick for a long time the bacteria is firmly entrenched. It took almost 2 years of Abx for my muscle pain to go away. Most people are in treatment for Lyme between 2-5 years depending on the coinfections you have.
  3. Daisys

Daisys Member

Unless I had CFS and then FM, and then LD, I've had lyme disease for 30 years.

I've been in treatment for 15 months now. Complications have included heavy metals (mercury and lead), and Babesia.

I was first on doxycycline and ceftin, and now ceftin and biaxin.

All the tests for lyme came back negative for me except for the CD57. It came back under the cutoff, and I had the symptoms, so the LLMD started treating me.

I think he saved my life already--I was really getting sick when he first saw me, and now I really am doing better. I wish I had less pain, but I can live with it (with hope that it will ease up soon.)
  4. liberty143

liberty143 New Member

what are u being treated with??
    thanx,
    laura
  5. highcotton

highcotton New Member

for a few weeks. now feeling bad again...herxing on diflucan.

here's what i've bben taking:

zith 300 mg every other day
    mino 100 mg every other day
    bactrim ds 2x day
    benicar 5 mg day
    diflucan 1x day for 2 wks

buhner herbs
    various supplemts

my LLMD believes in lower doses of abx, and says it will take 1 1/2 - 3 years to recover with his protocol.

until i began the diflucan i was noticably improving. The bactrim helped in small but significant ways; LLMD says its specific to Bart.

6. victoria

victoria New Member

How are you doing these days? Just wondering if you continued with abx for lyme or other tick infections, or other meds for other infections, or what?

all the best,
    Victoria