Who has other disease besides FM or CFS.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cinlou, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

I was wondering how many of us have one or more problems that seem to make the pain or fatigue worse. For example Degenerative Disc Disease and MPS. It just seems the battle is a never ending cycle of pain.

When you think you have it a little under control and all of a sudden one or the other will flare up or both at the same time. It is so hard to get a handle on it. Do you know what I mean?

Cindy

2. TerryS

TerryS Member

I think by the time they run all the tests to diagnose CFS or FM, they've found a lot of other things...probably in everyone!

I have primary biliary cirrhosis, Meniere's disease, mitral valve prolapse, sleep apnea...seems like I'm forgetting something...I don't know!

Yeah, it's hard to know what is causing the symptoms...the more I seek treatment, the more confusing the situation gets!

TerryS
  3. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

I have OA pretty badly- neck with bone spurs, knees, L4/L5 in my spine is really messed up. I had 2 cortisone shots there the other day. I have diverticulosis, carpal tunnel, crushed nerve in my neck, etc....
    I'm supposed to have some kind of injections in my knees in 2 weeks.

When I went to the Rheumy the other day, we both agreed that its hard to know when it's the FM or the arthritis.
    So I just take the pain meds for both.

...Bobbi
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Degenerative Disc, Degenerative Joint, Cervical Spondylolisthesis and Stenosis, OA, Diviriticulitis, Colitis, Raynauds... I know I'm missing something...

mmm... I forget!

It's so true though.. I never know what is causing my pain.. For years I was told my joint and back pain was from CFS/Fibro. It wasn't~

Hugs,
    Dona
  5. pika

pika New Member

sure do, and sure agree. never know which one is causing what! i have degenerative disc disease, OA and just found out Sjogren's, along with FM. Still waiting for the lab reports on all the tests my new doctor ordered (many of which i've asked my PCP to do for years).
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Clinical depression and anxiety disorder dxed long before Fm and the pain. Also high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, MPS...

Let's see...that's about it, I think.

Fun time, huh?

Sue
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

fm. ra. oa. osteopenia. herniated disc. neuropathy. diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney stones, angioplasty/ 06 etc. They all over lap and are related to each other. I was told don't even try and figure it out as I will drive myself nuts. I will never be pain free and they are trying to make me as comfortable as possible. Those of us with ra say it is its cousins moving in. I think it is time we evict them they have over stayed their welcome.lol. What do you think? lol.
    Cath
  8. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

so far it's hypothyroidism, sleep apnea, mitral valve prolapse, and degenerative disc disease.
  9. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Thanks for all the posts.....it made me think of all the others disorders I have also. High Blood Pressure, Psoriasis, Carpal Tunnel, GERD.........ah does it ever end?
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I seem to have many other problems which make my pain and fatigue worse (see my bio).

I agree, Cindy, it's hard to get a handle on all of your problems at the same time!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  11. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

I have fms, cfs, corpal tunnal, degerative discs, ibs, anxiety, depression, headaches, irritable bladder, and most of the 50 signs of fms and on top of that a husband and three boys who don't understand, but other than that i am doing allright!!!!!!
  12. 139864

139864 New Member

First ... Varicose veins , Primary Biliary Cirrhosis , Pulmonary Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia ,Sjogrens Syndrome , Costachondritis ,glaucoma ,cateracts & Peripheral Neuropathy .
    Thats all My fuzzy brain syndrome can think of for now :)
    Stay WELL
    Brenda uk

ps .this is what it all boils down to !!!

http://www.mindfully.org/Health/Profile-Patients-MCS.htm

[This Message was Edited on 03/30/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/30/2007]
  13. boho

boho New Member

I have cfs,fibro,diabetes hbp,costocondrtius,hreniated disc,astma,bronchitis,small vessels in the brain,gerd,depression and aniety.ginger
  14. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Leukemia. Currently in remission, knock on wood.
  15. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I probably can`t remember every thing I have but here goes some of it. I have IC of the bladder, depression, anxiety, IBS, thyroid disease, and anemic. I think most of the things I have are related to the FM?CFS.

Sandy