?????? Who has POCKETS OF PAIN like this ??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Aug 29, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have swollen pockets (NOT lumph notes) of pain.

They are red in color about 3 inches by 2 inches in size.On my arms ,legs ribs ,low back ,at the base of my head.Sometimes they are warm to touch.I also feel like I have achie Flu when I get these.They can come up in different spots on my body at different times.

They can last for hours or weeks.

I also have two very deep ,very painful spots of pain in between my breast closer to my left one ,but I do not thing its anything to do with my heart.

My left wrist is swollen and been painfull for about 4 weeks I havent hurt it or anything its just swollen.

Grrrrrrr all these weird pains ,I get so tired of trying to figure it all out. I was wondering if anyone else get these and if its part of FM ?
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

3. jole

jole Member

You need to see your doctor. if they are red and warm, they are probably inflamed areas for some reason and need to be looked into. It doesn't sound like FM to me.

Best of luck!
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

I had that a few years ago. Had strange painful red swellings that came up all over my body, different days/different spots. Most of the time seemed to be soft tissue affected. This went on for about 3 months. The final episode was my left knee popped and then swelled up about five times its nomral size. The pain from that was excrutiating.

Saw an orthopedist who had just came back from a seminar where they discussed reactive arthritis. (you can find a lot of info about it on the web now...not so in 1996 when I got it). He treated me with minocycline and it resolved itself. THANK GOD, it has not came back yet...but it could, who knows!

TERRY
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

very interesting thank you for telling me Ill have it checked