Who has the classic CFS crimson crescents

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Dec 30, 2005.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

How many of you have the crimson crescents and if you do, did any of you find out what you were infected with? I have had the crimson crescents in the back of my throat since the beginning. I also had, not to be gross, pus pockets on my tonsils in the beginning and my EBV titers were high. If you look in your throat if you have this, on either side of your uvula, the little thing hanging down in the back, your will see redness in a half-moon shape on the curve that goes down to your bottom half of your mouth. Just figured I would ask. Hope I don't sound to weird.

GBHope
  2. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

When I first got sick I had the crimson cresents for about
    7 years. Still sick but the cresents are gone. I don't
    know what I was infected with. Felt like a virus when I
    got sick back in 1987. Too sick to see a doctor then.

GBHope, I also had the pus pockets in the back of my throat.
    I had my tonsils out since I was 6 years old too. My throat
    was still affected with the pus pockets. No, this is not a
    weird question, it is a very smart question. Thanks for
    posting this question.

Dreamharp
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

the only red I see is where my tonsils were taken out.
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

I think I first read about this about five or six years ago, so I took myself off to a mirror, shone a flashlight at the back of my mouth and there they were!

Still there. I don't think they've gone away during that time period.

No tonsils, though -- those were removed at age 5.

I have tested positive for reactivated EBV for over a year.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That the crescents are connected to infection. I don't think they know why we have them. I had heard about them and asked my doc to look and sure nuff, there they were.

Another strange symptom of CFIDS is that some people's fingerprints disappear. Others have wasting of the forearm muscles.

Love, Mikie
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I'm not alone. I always wondered about that. I have been tested for Mycoplasma pneumoniae, but none of the others and it was negative. The EBV has always been elevated. Herpes simplex activated after becoming sick and I had elevated titers to HHV-6 I think. I would like my doc to test some more things, but don't know if I can get him to do it. Sometimes the crimson crescents are not as red when I'm not as tired or flaring. If I get really run down, the whole roof of my mouth will hurt and look blood shot and my crescents are really red. Don't know if I have Lyme, but have some of the symptoms, but then that could be other things too.

GBHope