Who has tried GUAIFENESIN and what happened???....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Dec 12, 2002.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I've been reading much about Guaifenesin for reversing FM.
    I would like to know people results from taking Guafenesin.

I would also like to know if you can find the Guaifenesin Pill at Eckerds, CVS, Wal-Mart or any other common chain store. I would also like to know if the Guaifenesin Cough syrup is just as effective.

THANKS!

2. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I've been reading much about Guaifenesin for reversing FM.
    I would like to know people results from taking Guafenesin.

I would also like to know if you can find the Guaifenesin Pill at Eckerds, CVS, Wal-Mart or any other common chain store. I would also like to know if the Guaifenesin Cough syrup is just as effective.

THANKS!

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I, and several others here, have been on the Guai treatment. I have been on it for 1 1/2 years and it is one of my most important treatments. I feel that I am probably about 3/4 reversed. Unfortunately, I also suffer from CFS which is the more debilitating of the two.

You need to go to Dr. St. Amand's website or buy his book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA." There is a lot to the treatment and it is a very long-term treatment but it is the only treatment which offers the possibility of reversing FMS symptoms.

Use the search feature here to bring up the many posts on this subject. I think you will find them very informative.

Love, Mikie
  4. seaview

seaview New Member

I started on Nov.8th ,2002. I am up to 1800 mg a day. Yes, my symptoms(pain,fatigue,low tolerance to smellls/noise, and so on have gotten worse but at least I know it is working. I searched and read for a year about the guai.In the meantime I was put on 3 different antidepressents and Nuerontin.None of these helped and the side effects just made it worse. I am committed to giving this a chance. If you havent read the book you simply have to do that first. Next go to his website ans another one that is linked on his that will tell you all the products you CAN use. This was much easier for me than figuring it out on my own. Basically I stopped all herbal stuff and supplemnts,changed my soap.deodorant,shampoo,lotion and since I dont wear makeup very often I have just put off buying new of that. It really was not a big deal to make the switch. YOu just have to think about what you are doing. Like,for example,I was very upset on Thursday after some bad news and to keep my mind busy I started caring for all my plants that had been very neglected. Well, towards the end I realized that I did not put gloves on.Well, I blocked the guai. I should get back on my cycle in 2/3 days. My faault! So, My answer is to give it a try. My doctor is letting me be his guinia pig as he has never prescribed it. He is watching to see how I do. If you can not get a doctor to prescribe you can get it on a website or OTC. But, as I stated before.If you read the book,go to the websites and follow directions you will be on your way. I trust you to decide whatever you feel best for you but after all I have gone through with the medical community I can only highly suggst you give it a try. They come from a totally different angle when dealing with us. I wish the best in your decision! Blessings, Kathleen
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

cough syrup will not work. You'd need to drink about 8 whole bottles every day! Ugh.
    Klutzo
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And has few side effects. I cannot imagine why a doc would not want to prescribe unless being a bleeder is an issue.

Love, Mikie
  7. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Hi, I am a new Guai user and cannot give you much information. But I just wanted to emphasize DO NOT USE THE COUGH SYRUP. It's a very specific protocol; you can't get Guai at Wal-Mart or any chain stores. You either need a prescription from your doctor or, as was mentioned above, you can get some over the Internet. If you have a good insurance plan, the prescription can be quite cheap. Please take Mikie's advice and buy the book. You need to research the body-care products you use to make sure they do not contain salycilates or this program will not work. Good luck.

Hippo