who has used IgeneX.Inc for testing of Lyme?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Aug 20, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I am Canadian, and my doctor says they don't do the western blot test for lyme, and someone recommended to me to get forms from IgeneX and get my doc to okay it, etc. Now, I know that they cost comes from my pocket. Does anyone know what kind of costs are involved to get tested from this lab?
  2. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

bumping to page one.....anyone know about this?
  3. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

the cost for a lyme test thru igenex is around $180 (US dollars).

eddie
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

for your response, I will calculate that into canadian dollars. It might be worth the cost to rule that out!
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Good luck!
  6. sickasadog

sickasadog New Member

Hi. I am new here. I too asked my doctor for the western blot after learning about it online. However, he said that even if the test was positive, it was meaningless since it doesn't indicate an active infection or is not necessarily responsible for my symptoms and also that there is no treatment for it anyway. This is really disappointing since I have been learning that alot of fibro patients actually have lyme.
    What is a person supposed to do? ;(

7. lilbird

lilbird New Member

4 western blot tests in the last two years and all were neg. But it was not tested at IgeneX.

I have had several ticks and had a rash from one many years ago. I had a positive lyme test about 15 years ago. My Dr. then told me not to worry about it, that it didn't mean anything because it wasn't very high.

From those of you that are more knowlegable than I am, would it be worth it to have the IgeneX lyme test done?

I have an appointment with my Dr. on Wed. and am thinking of insisting on having the IgeneX test done, even if I hav to pay for it.

What do you think??
    Cathy