Who here had a parent who had Polio

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoosesMom, Mar 9, 2009.

1. MoosesMom

MoosesMom New Member

I have been reading where a lot of children who had a parent with Polio have been diagnosed with various immune diseases, chronic fatigue, Lupus, Fibro, etc.

Anyone out there have any information about this??
  2. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

My parents didn't have polio but I was a guinea pig for the polio vaccine, I'm 64 and the testing was done when I was 10. They knew at the time it would release all these viruses but since Dr. Salk had a lot of say back then they allowed him to experiment. They - meaning the doctors and scientist- have since found out the tests have released 32 different stealth viruses and a lot of people are developing what they call non paraplegic polio. I don't resent this happening to me because at the time parents thought they were doing the right thing.

So, I can see how having polio could cause these problems in their children, Fibromyalgia does run in families.

3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi I had polio as a child. Got it at about 15 months of age. Until I became paralyzed they thought I was cutting teeth!
    I was paralyzed from the waist down and they told my mom I would never walk again. I did but with a sever limp.

I have one daughter and they told me at the time(1970) that she would get nothing from me. Not sure if this was true as she has had health issuses all her life.

However fibro cfs does run in family. Also Im wondering if these are actually what they are calling Post Polio! I helped start the first support group back in early 90's when it was the hot disease of the year.

Looking back I think Ive had cfs fibro lyme most of my life along with the pp. My daughter has alot of immune problems also my grandkids seem to be going in that direction also.

Could you tell me where you read this? very interested in what they say now...who knows
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

While I have no idea if having a relative with Polio increases your chances of getting CFS/ FM.

However the Polio vacine was responsible for saving many lives.