Who here has CFS/ME and have no LIBIDO?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mindyandy420, Jun 16, 2008.

1. mindyandy420

mindyandy420 New Member

Hey there guys....I know I'm not alone on this issue. No libido....it has gone down in the toilet....:(

Is it my adrenals? Why is it so common with CFS/ME?
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Well, poor adrenals, exhaustion, pain, low thyroid, wacked hormones, shall I go on? Yep a very common problem. Cure fibro and you'll be all set.

3. Honora88

Honora88 Member

I had low libido before anyway. Anyone have pain with sex?
    It is really terrible. Don't know if it is the fibro
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Hormones in general get messed up with CFS. Testosterone as well as estrogen can be off.

A little tiny bit of bioidentical testosterone cream (compounded) may fix the problem right up. See if you can get your levels tested.

LISALOO New Member

Libido, what libido? It did get better on testosterone, but I really shouldn't have been on it, it messed my system up.
  6. scott66

scott66 New Member

Having sex increase pain for me most times. Especially in knees hips shoulders. Than your'e in pain to begin with. Really is frustrating. Pain effects libido for sure..
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2008]
  7. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

It have tried Bio-identical hormones for this but they didnt help with the libido at all , the testosterone just increased facial hair like I really needed that! I would love to find something to help with this but have tried for years and no luck. Sorry. It makes it very hard on a marriage and I'm pretty sure it has alot to do with the pain medications, antianxiety meds and maybe even the sleeping pills that I take.Good luck
  8. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

meds took my libido. my pain med is ok but any med like zoloft, cymbalta,elavil klonopin they all take the libido away. i switched to wellbutrin because it wasnt suppose to have that side effect.

well it didnt and i was very happy but after awhile the wellbutrin messed with my head so went off. i tried to go without any but had to go back to zoloft and of course there went the libido again.

9. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

It's hard to feel good when you feel so bad. Pain makes it hard to have sex. Pain meds make it hard to respond. I agree that hormones are messed up also. This all makes me feel guilty and I do the best I can. My husband is pretty understanding, but I know he would like things to be better - well so would I. But mostely at this point I would just like to forget the whole thing.
  10. pasara

pasara New Member

...it's husband with no libido. The chemistry just is not happening when you're in a caretaking mode. I have been having a severe flare. For me the intimacy would help, but he's not too interested in getting down when he just had to help me get up the stairs. He is so burnt out by the end of the day that he needs a break, and the biology of things does not support "reproducing" (or practicing, in our case) with a mate who is ill.