Who here lives in a warm climate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsolider, Jan 12, 2007.

1. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Hi all!There is always so much talk about cold weather affecting out FM so, I am curious if folks in warmer weather areas feel better than we do. Has anybody lived in both areas - and noticed a difference? I know I feel better in summer than opposed to winter.
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I too would love to move but, wouldn't want to be away from loved ones. Especially, now that I am a mother - I wouldn't want my son to be without his grandparents. But, then again if would help my FM a lot I would strongly consider it. So, far I have yet to met anyone from Hawaii on this board.
  3. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Hello,
    I used to live in Oklahoma where it snowed every year and OMG I could not take it!!
    We moved to sunny California and I would not live any where else. I can see the air I breathing but I do not care I can walk!! LOL I love it here. I can see the mountains from my house and they have snow on them but I dont feel the cold!! YEAH!!!!!
    It does get so hot here. I always laugh because I will be out with my friends in the summer and it will be 107 out side and there will be a little shade and they will all be under it. NOT me Im out just loving the sun.

Have a really great day.
    Melinda
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Sunny So. California here! I have lived here since I was 6 yrs. old, so I don't really know how I would react in another climate. I do hate the cold, and I get depressed if it does get gray for more than a day or two. I like going to the local mountains and staying in a cabin with the beautiful snow around for a few days. But I don't think I would be happy living in it all winter. I feel very uncomfortable, like I don't want to move much, when I am cold. Have a great night. Kim :)
  5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I do much better in the summer time but I think Spring and early fall are the best, I live in Canada and everybody knows Canada and how cold it can get, hubby and I are going to Australia in April for 2 weeks and we are going to see how I can tolerate being there and if all things go well we will be moving there next year.

love to all, Ann
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I live in S. California. I do think it helps my condition. I would not live in cold weather.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I've lived in all different climates including Iceland, Hawaii, Bahrain, & Germany, and grew up in Il also spent 8 years in Fl.

I do much better in the spring here (in Germany)but when the summers get hot and we have no air conditioning, I go right back down to bedridden. Two years in a row this has happened but this past summer I made it through because August was between 40-60 degrees.

I did well in Bahrain although I did have a 9 month flare completely bedridden but my pain was virtually non-existant.

So far here at almost 4 years, I'd say the summers completely kick my butt but might be better if Europeans had air conditioning. Winters I tend to go back down too.

I'm guessing if you can find a mild climate somewhere it might help somewhat....just a guess though.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  8. connieaag

connieaag New Member

We live in Indiana, and the late fall and winters are very hard on my daughter with FM. Justreturned from 2 weeks in Fort Lauderdale where it was 75-80 every day and sunny, and she was great the whole time. It lasted about 2 days after we got home, then the 40-50 damp weather set in and the pain returns.

She does great in the spring and summers here. I really think weather affects this DD.
  9. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Now I am back in a cold wet clmate...and I am sick like I was before I moved to So Cal...

Suz
  10. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi,

I used to live in England but moved to South Africa this year. The heat does seem to help my muscles although I have got worse than ever this year. However I know that if I moved back to England in winter it would be much, much worse.

I'm always worse in cold weather but do also dehydrate a little in warm weather and therfore maybe get a few more headaches.

11. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

All I know is that I have a way less pain in the winter (cold and DRY) than in the spring (cool and WET). The summer is alright, if it is dry. It is the humidity that kills me!
  12. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I suppose we all are different...though, warm and dry seems to treat us the best, nothing cures this DD and we all respond differently. It was also interesting to see where everyone comes from.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's not for everyone. One person's paradise is another's hell. For me, the warm and humid climate of FL is just what I need. This year, I'm grateful that I am no longer in CO.

Love, Mikie
  14. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I moved from Wisconsin, to Louisville, Kentucky. That isn't a drastic change weather wise, but 450 miles farther south and I would say it has made a bit of a difference. I think that it is more related to less very cold air. Winter always made me ache more than summer, and now that the cold air finally showed up here in Kentucky last night..boy am I aching!