Who here notices their sleep problems are worse lately?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Nov 27, 2005.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

And what do you think causes it?

I am reading a lot of posts the last couple of days from people that can't sleep. I can't sleep either! Even my Restoril isn't working very well. I'm a chronic bad sleeper due to FM and other conditions but since Thanksgiving it's been awful.

Do you think it's the holidays approaching, or the weather in your area, or what? I'm stressed out cuz of family problems and Christmas coming and no money.

Anyone got any good stress management techniques?

((((((Hugs to all))))))))
    Michelle
  2. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

My sleep has been worse lately - because of the weather. We are getting hit with a terrible snow storm that is cold and really, really windy. So, the changes in weather have hit me pretty hard.
  3. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Since we were hit with Hurricane Wilma, I have been in an awful flare. I am on Quinine at night for restless leg and arms. It got so bad I was in tears. From what my doctors office has said, they noticed that their FM and arthritis patients got worse after the storm.
  4. skinnymini

skinnymini New Member

I have been sleep deprived since the birth of my first child 18 years ago!!!! I have only been getting 2 - 3 hour stretches of sleep ever since, with the exception of a few years when I was on antidepressants, which did help me sleep. Last year I was diagnosed with FM and had one difficult year dealing with the muscle pain, numbness and tingling, headaches, and more sleepless nights, etc.etc. I had every test known to man to try and determine where these muscle aches were coming from. More antidepressants were prescribed but they did not help and I ended up in the ER with heart palpitations and angina pains but I had no history of heart trouble??????!!!!! Anyway, to make a long story short, I discovered that ALL of my muscle pain was a result of SLEEP DEPRIVATION and NOT fybromyalgia. I have been placed on 30mg TEMAZAPAM each night for 3 weeks and ALL my muscle pain has disappeared!!!!!!

I did not have fybromyalgia in the first place!!!! My doctor says that going with out REM sleep for long periods as I did, can have devastating effects on your body and can even cause death!!!! I wonder how many of us actually have SLEEP DEPRIVATION and not FM??? I had to take a prescription sleep aid to discover this as the OTC sleep aids did not do one bit of good for me.

I still have the sleep issue to deal with as I cannot sleep without a prescription. I am trying to raise my serotonin levels through vigorous exercise as this is the only way i know of that will increase the neurotransmitter levels naturally. I have only been walking a mile a day for the past week so far and it does not seem to have made a difference.

I am taking 5-HTP as well, but that does not seem to be helping even after 4 months of taking mega doses of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions...I try to do all the things they recommend as far as sleep hygiene goes...
    I need help.

Valerian Root and Melotonin do not help either.

5. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

When the weather gets yucky... cold, rainy... I just call it my winter hibernation cycle.
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

and I actually did sleep better last night, but can't say why. Who knows? thank you all for your kind posts.

Michelle