Who here suffers anxiety and panic attacks?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Solaris_Starr, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Good morning everyone!

My panic attacks have returned! Use to suffer from them on a daily basis till I got control and they went away....years ago. They seem to of returned with a vengence! Sometimes I can't tell if it's my DD symtoms or my panic disorder?? This is making my condition twice as hard..arggggggggg...

Now I'm so scared to get back into the cycle again, it took me so long to get out of it. My DD is so bad now, have been flaring for over 2 months! Conditiion was not so bad before my move, now I feel disabled by it and housebound once again!!!!!!!!!!!! But the panic is making it far worst, sometimes the panic attacts are so bad, afterwards I'm just a shaking sweating ball of mush on the floor, useless and helpless.

Is anyone else suffering with panic? need some comfort, sorry for being so needy.

Hugs
    Sandy
  2. Txslady

Txslady New Member

for this one. The panic/anxiety attacks are worse than the flare ups. Everytime I get a new pain I have a panic attack. Once I realize I am not going to die then the next time I get that pain I am okay until a new pain arises. It sucks to have this. I have been put on a beta blocker which has helped some, but I still get them every once in a awhile just not as bad. I know how you feel: "I am going to die", "Where is the closest hospital", "Will I make it to a hospital", etc....

Shannon
  3. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

((((((((SHANNON)))))))))

I hear that! Oh ya, me too!

Hugs to you
    Sandy
  4. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

I'm not sure if I've been having them this week. I went off prozac a month ago--taking sam-e instead now. Sunday morning I got really hot and sweating, my heart was racing like I was running, and I felt exhausted to where I had to lie down for a while to rest before I could anything else. There was nothing that triggered this that I could see, I was just doing my normal routine.

These episodes repeated Mon. and Tues., then Wed. it continued all through the day on and off until evening after dinner. Sometimes the heat feeling alternated with feeling cold and one evening I was having cold chills only. I do not feel like I am catching any illness as I am still hungry and eating fine, also not any sign of going into menopause yet (age 46).

Is this similar to what your panic attacks are like?
    Thanks,
    Deb
  5. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

The symptoms sound very familiar, but since you mention that yuo recently went off of prozac it could also be a reaction to getting off of the meds. How long were you on Prozac and did your doc. help you ween off slowly? Sometimes stopping meds to quickly can have the same effect as a panic attact. Consult with you doc.

Otherwise the symptoms you are expieriencing seem to fit panic. Are you avoiding going to places or feel that you have to exit very quickly, or do you feels a sense of impending doom come over you, like you are going to die any mim and have to rush to the hospital? Do you worry all the time about these symptoms and fear having them. I so, I would consider speaking to your doc about them just incase, but it does sound like anxiety to me.

I have been suffering with panic for almost 20 yrs, took all meds you can think of, tons of therapy......nothing helped!!!!!! Still have!

Hugs to you
    Sandy
  6. Risk

Risk New Member

Oh sweetie, I feel horrible for you. I am going through this exact thing. I had them under control for a long time. Now that I'm separated from my husband of 23 years (his choice not mine), they have returned with a vengence. I can't seem to stop them, even with the Klonopin. I'm always crying and I don't want to be this way. I saw my GP on tuesday and asked her to do another ekg just incase and take blood work. She told me that I need time to heal, that losing a spouse to separation/divorce is just as difficult as being a widow.

I feel cheated and so alone. I have two lovely daughters. One is in her 3rd year of college and lives there and my other will be leaving for college in the fall. So that leaves me at the age of 46 to start all over again. I'm terrified.

And my fibro is so bad right now. It's seems to be a no win situation.

Please don't feel that you are being needy. I'm sending some comfort your way and I hope you begin to feel better. No one can relate unless they have gone through this for themselves.

I'll be thinking of you. Email me if you would like. I would appreciate the company as well.

Hugs to you,

Rene
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I seem to be in a calm cycle right now, but I'm knocking on wood as I say that. It is a horrible feeling that comes on out of the blue with me. I can be perfectly fine and then I can't breathe, swallow, rapid heartbeat, etc.

I am so sorry this is happening to you now...the move may have increased your anxiety as it is one of the most stressful things in life. So,with Christmas,etc. and moving and the DD, Wah-lah!

I take Klonipen daily and have Ativan in case of an anxiety/panic attack. They seem to help me, although I will never be the gad-about I used to be...I'd much rather stay at home. It is so hard to go out most of the time. I do make myself, but I don't like it. Understand?

Do take care. I pray these will go back into hiding for you soon.

Hugs,

Sue
  8. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I have the same problems as the rest of you and have been in free fall for the last 4 months.

Every time I get a new pain that I haven't had before (which is usually on a daily basis) I have the same lingering doubt - is this anxiety, FM pain or is it something more serious???

It's hard to say which comes first - anxiety/panic or pain anmd I've driven myself mad with it. I think it's just par for the course in the daily grind of this DD!

We just have to get through it as best we can and try not to get ground down in all of this. Chin up!!
  9. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement, it means so much to me. I'm so glad I have you guys. This is taking such a toll out on me before Christmas, I feel so sorry for my kids to have such a bummer of a mom! I hate being like this!

((((Rene))))Thank for your warm words of comfort, I so needed to hear that, I would love to exchange emails with you, just let me know where and when. You to (((((Sue))))), thank you so much, I feel like crap today...one of my worst days!!Argggggg back to back panic attacts at the same time dealing with a major flare in DD symptoms, plus I had to take my furbaby to the Vet, she's been coughing and gaging for 3 days now, just braking my heart to see her so sick.

I thought I was going to die waiting in the vets office! I was so weak and shakey, sweating, heart skipping and pounding in my throat, ears and chest. I was getting nausea and blurry vision. Thought oh God I'm going to faint! I could feel my BP just drop and the life force leaving my body....my poor furbaby looking at me with her big brown eyes all scared. She knew something was wrong.

I quickly called my son who came out to meet me and stayed with me through the whole thing. At least I would not be alone if something happened. I'm back home now safe and sound, very exhausted, but glad to be able to lie down. My furbaby was given an xray and was found to have cought a very bad bronchitis. She's on meds, $100.00 later.

Thanks so much everyone

Hugs to you all
    Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/15/2005]
  10. jaybe

jaybe New Member

i suffer terribly with what you described, i burn all over, feel like i am going to faint, shake and have feeling of pure doom!! i never laeve the house by myself in fear i will take one of these turns, i feel like such a child having to have someone with me where ever i go, and like the other person who replied i get them whenever i get a new pain! you have no life when you are like this , i am so soory to hear you are suffering too sandy, thank god for this board so we can help each other through these horrible things.
    love to all,
    julie
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I am not sure if the name is the same in English, but I got Xanax for it. It helps with the emmediate attacks. I "therapied" myself while on it so I wouldn't have to depend on it for too long. Maybe you need an anxiety drug for now? I would go for it. The sooner the better. I am SOOO sorry, it is horrific. My brother just got it too a few months ago, this big strong guy. I told him this is not about how tough you (think) you are. He (of all people) are taking what I took and he is really happy with it!
  12. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

To each and everyone of you.....
    I don't know what could be worse than the feeling of inpending doom, like your gonna die any minute,all of the symptoms that come with a full blown attack! I went through the periods of not wanting to be left alone! For some reason they have came and went twice already in the last 19 years! I pray to God they do not return, ever again!
    Sympathetic hugz, Karen
  13. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

****** Anxiety & Panic Attacks ***** i hear you ,,i`m the same everytime my fibro flares up,,, gmom,,,,,
  14. Solaris_Starr

Solaris_Starr New Member

15. greatgran

greatgran Member

Same here, I think my cfids has something to do with them being so much worse..
    They are horrible...don't have any answers
    but sure can relate..

I have these crazy weird head feelings that I can't describe, just wondering if any of you have them. When I do my anxiety
    etc. goes thru the roof..I have anxiety 24/7...also agoraphobia.
    I take xanax everyday and without them I would be in a straight jacket..

Why does this have to happened to us??Its much worse than the DD..

Love,
    greatgran
  16. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

I have anxiety attacks. I take zoloft now and it seems to keep things under control. Mine are related to my Lyme disease, and yes, they get much worse when I am in a flare.

I am also prone to them when I get over stimulated. I narrowly avoided one last night at my son's Christmas concert (too much noise, light, and funny smells before the show started!)
  17. mrsgiggly

mrsgiggly New Member

I too have been having panic attacks lately. I now think I have an ulcer. I can't eat anything, can only take sips of water. My Fibro, lupus is in a flare. I sleep when I can but the children, phone, hubby wake me often. I can't seem to get any rest. I feel myself getting worse. I know my body is failing me and I have no control over it. I feel pressure from family to get a grip. I stopped by my mom's on the way home from church last night and told her I couldn't stay because I was really tired. She replied "why are you always so tired?" as though she didn't know. I've been sick now for almost 6 years. You would think she would understand. The question every morning is "what is happening to me." People say don't give in but sometimes the fight is too hard to try to win. There are days when I just give in. I thank God for this message board. Gentle hugs to all, Gig.
  18. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

I have experienced horrible panic attacks for the past few years and the only thing that helps me is Klonopin.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Lindy