Who is being treated by a conventional doc for CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I am curious as to how many are being treated for CFS (CFS only, not FMS) by a conventional doctor?

If so, what is their treatment plan?
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

meaning, he is a regular MD, but has significant interest in nutrition and prevention. He tested my son for heavy metals, blood tests for food allergies, and he came up high on mercury. Our doc recommended that we get the mercury out of his mouth, so we've done that recently. Next he has had a few DMPS injections over the past few months (about one a month) to bind mercury in the system to be excreted in the urine. The food sensitivities included: beef, corn, dairy, and baker's yeast. So he's really avoiding foods containing those things....not an easy task. I think this chelation (the DMPS) plus supplements: garlic, ALA, CoQ10, selenium, iodide, potassium, lithium, boron, and B-12 injections...I think these are all helping him to get a lot less brain fog and to feel more consistently better. Hope this helps! Terri
  3. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

Hi Empower,

I have been going to the same Family Practitioner for almost 10 years now for CFS, (later diagnosed with FM). He is the greatest dr. I've ever had for both diseases. He keeps himself knowledgeable and doesn't hesitate to try something new if he hears about it (but first he makes sure its safe). He treats the symptoms which is all he can do. He gives me as much pain meds as I need (including narcotics). We have tried all kinds of treatments. B-12 shots, gamma gobulin injections, physical therapy, natural herbs, etc., I don't think I could have a better dr. I know he truly believes in these diseases and he does all he can to help. I love him for that!